- Listed: August 4, 2018 5:04 pm
- Expires: 99863 days, 4 hours
Free Food pantries /Food Banks
Food banks and free food pantries listed below help families that are facing hunger.. . The pantries are mostly located at churches and non-profits in the region. Most of the free food pantry locations may have an application process, which usually requires proof of income, residency proof etc. Using donations from the community, and relying on volunteers, the locations may pass out free boxes of food or serve a meal.
For Such a Time as This
Address: 6400 W 26th Ave
Edgewater, Colorado, 80214
Phone number – (303) 524-9016
Evergreen Christian Outreach
Food bank address: 27600 Hwy 74
Evergreen, CO, 80439
Call (303) 670-1796
A pantry can provide free food, meals, groceries, and more to needy individuals. The non-profit can also distribute clothing, holiday meals, Christmas assistance, and other aid. Learn about government programs too, such as LIHEAP and food stamps.
Mountain Resource Center, Inc.
11030 Kitty Dr, Conifer, Colorado, 80433
Services provided include the Emergency Food Assistance Food Program. This resource provides free food assistance to qualifying low to moderate individuals through the distribution of United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) commodities.
Christian Action Guild
1401 Ford Street
Golden, Colorado, 80401
Dial (303) 279-5674
Labor’s Community Agency
Location is 7510 W Mississippi Ave
Lakewood, CO, 80226
Phone number – (303) 744-6169
Runs a food bank. May also be able to refer individuals to other assistance, including grant programs for bills, rent, and other basic living expenses.
Arvada Community Food Bank
8555 W 57th Ave
Arvada, CO, 80002
Food pantry phone number – (303) 424-6685
Green Mountain Christian Church
Address is 10700 W Exposition Dr
Lakewood, Colorado, 80226
Call (303) 985-0754
Call the church to determine when food and meals are distributed. Also can provide referrals to shelter and case management to Jefferson County families.
9170 W 44th Ave
Wheat Ridge, Colorado, 80033
Surplus food, including perishable items like breads and meats may be offered. May also have clothing, diapers, baby supplies, and much more.
The Action Center
8755 W 14th Ave
Lakewood, CO, 80215
Main phone number – (303) 237-7704
Everything from referrals to SNAP food stamps to an emergency box of groceries may be provided. They also offer financial aid or basic needs, including winter coats.
Seniors’ Resource Center
Main location – (303) 674-2843 · 5120 Hwy 73
Evergreen, Colorado 80439
The senior citizens in Jefferson County Colorado are a priority of this non-profit. Low income residents, or the homebound, can request a low cost, Meals on Wheels service. There are also feeding sites, surplus commodities, and free Christmas meals for the elderly.
Mobile Food Pantry
This is administered by the Food Bank of the Rockies. It visits multiple sites in the county during the course of a month, per below. It offers groceries, hot meals, and more to income qualified families. Locations are as follows. For more information, call 1-877-460-8504.
- Healing Waters Family Center – 6475 W 29th Ave, Wheat Ridge, CO 80214.
- Jefferson Avenue United Method – 4425 Kipling, Wheat Ridge, CO 80033.
- Phillips United Methodist Church, 1450 S Pierce St, Lakewood, Colorado, 80232.
Mean Street Ministry
Address is 1380 Ammons St.
Lakewood, CO, 80214
Both a free pantry and soup kitchen/cafe are at this charity.
Click here for our Windows 10 desktop App
Disclaimer: The community resource directory information is deemed accurate and up-to-date, however, you should always call the provider to confirm this information and make an appointment. Be sure to confirm payment information with the provider, if payment is required.
72 total views, 1 today
- Staten Island-New York-Free Food pantries /Food Banks (2 views)
- Contra Costa County California- Free Food pantries /Food Banks (2 views)
- Heating Assistance Program (HAP)- Alaska (1 views)
- Chicago and Cook County-Illinois- Free Food pantries /Food Banks 2 (1 views)
- Head Start Program Locations- Alabama (1 views)
- Orange County-Florida-Free Food pantries /Food Banks (1 views)
- Broward County/Fort Lauderdale -Florida-Free Food pantries /Food Banks (1 views)
- Feeding America Food Bank – Oregon (1 views)
- Kosciusko County-Indiana-Free Food pantries /Food Banks (1 views)
- Alabama- Community Action Agencies (1 views)