- Listed: August 26, 2018 3:22 am
- Expires: 99173 days, 10 hours
Community Action Agencies are nonprofit and public groups funded by the Community Services Block Grant (CSBG), a federal program that allocates funding to states to connect Americans to greater opportunity.
The nation’s Community Action Agencies embody our nation’s spirit of hope, change people’s lives, and improve communities. When national, state and local leaders tap into these agencies’ experience, they can promote workable solutions that connect more families to opportunity – and make America a better place to live for everyone.
Community Action Partnership (Lewiston)
124 New 6th Street
Lewiston, Idaho 83501
Telephone number is (208) 746-3351
Counties supported are Benewah, Bonner, Boundary, Clearwater, Kootenai, Latah, Idaho, Lewis, Nez Perce, and Shoshone. Low income families can explore resources, including housing assistance and low interest loans. There may be funds for paying rent or a security deposit. Other services include weatherization and applications to government benefits such as food stamps.
The main locations of Community Action Partnership Lewiston are s follows.
- Benewah County, 416 Main Ave, St. Maries, Idaho 83861, phone: (208) 245-9090
- Bonner County, 1506 Baldy Mountain Rd, Sandpoint, Idaho 83864, dial (208) 255-2910
- Boundary County, P.O. Box 627, 6665 Main St, Bonners Ferry, Idaho 83805, (208) 267-3663
- Clearwater County, 320 Michigan Ave #303, Orofino, Idaho 83544, call (208) 476-4949
- Idaho County, 117 West North St, Grangeville, Idaho 83530, telephone (208) 983-0437
- Kootenai County, 4144 West Industrial Lp, Coeur d’Alene, Idaho 83815, call (208) 664-8757
- Latah County, 428 West 3rd St, #4, Moscow, Idaho 83843, main phone (208) 882-3535
- Lewis County, P.O. Box 128, 615 4th St, Kamiah, Idaho 83836, (208) 935-2412
- Nez Perce / Asotin County, 124 New 6th St, Lewiston, Idaho 83501, call the agency at (208) 746-3351
- Shoshone County, 311 Main St, Kellogg, Idaho 83837, main phone: (208) 783-4901
Some of the specific resources provided by the Community Action Partnership’s ADRC/AAA include Durable Medical Equipment, Government Benefits Counseling, Information and Assistance, Oral Health Services, and In-Home Support Services. Some of the main senior sites and meal locations are listed below.
Senior Meal Sites, Cottonwood Community Church, 510 Gilmore, Cottonwood, Idaho 83522, 208-962-7762
Grangeville Senior Center, County Road, Grangeville, ID 83530, 208-983-2033
Kamiah Senior Center, 125 N Maple St., Kamiah, ID 83536, call 208-935-0244
Kendrick Senior Citizens Center, 104 S Sixth, Kendrick, Idaho 83537, call 208-289-5031
Lewiston Community Center, 1424 Main St., Lewiston, ID 83501, main phone 208-743-6983
Orchards United Methodist Church, 1213 Burrell Ave., Lewiston, ID 83501, 208-743-9201
Moscow Senior/Community Center, 412 3rd St., Moscow, ID 83843, call 208-882-1562 for intake.
Nezperce Senior Citizens, 501 Cedar St., Nezperce, ID 83543, telephone 208-937-2465
Orofino Senior Center, 930 Michigan Ave., Orofino, Idaho 83544, dial 208-476-4328
Potlatch Senior Citizens, IOOF/Rebekah Hall on Pine St., Potlatch, ID 83855, telephone 208-875-1071
Riggins Odd Fellows Building, 121 S Lodge St., Riggins, ID 83549, dial 208-628-4147
Weippe Hilltop Sr. Citizens Center, 115 1st Street West, Weippe, ID 83553, 208-435-4553
Winchester Senior Citizens Center, Nez Perce Ave., Winchester, Idaho 83555, main number is 208-924-6581
Community Council of Idaho
Main address is 317 Happy Day Blvd., Ste. 250
Caldwell, ID 83628
This location covers the entire state and is the leading non-profit.
Eastern Idaho Community Action Partnership (EICAP)
Idaho Falls, ID 83405
Phone number is (208) 522-5391
Assistance is offered for low income families in Bonneville, Bingham, Butte, Clark, Custer, Fremont, Lemhi, Jefferson, Madison, and Teton. Some of what may be offered includes Head Start, food assistance, and career counseling services.
EL-ADA Community Action Partnership
Main address is 701 E 44th Street, #1
Garden City, Idaho 83714
Dial (208) 377-0700 for intake
Covers Ada and Elmore. Apply for energy bill assistance, job training, and much more. This is a leading community action center for Idaho, and numerous financial aid programs and referrals may be available.
For more details or referrals, contact the El-Ada Community Action Partnership.
- 701 E. 44th St., Garden City, Idaho 83714, telephone (208)377-0700
- Boise Community Resource Center is located at 2250 S. Vista Ave., Boise, Idaho 83704, dial (208)345-2820
- Owyhee County Office: 15 W. Colorado, Homedale, Idaho 83628, main number is (208) 337-4812
- Elmore County Office address is 585 N.3rd E., Mountain Home, Idaho 83647. Phone: (208) 587-8407
South Central Community Action Partnership, Inc.
Twin Falls, ID 83303-0531
Call (208) 733-9351
Counties – Blaine, Camas, Twin Falls, Cassia, Gooding, Jerome, Lincoln, and Minidoka.
Southeastern Idaho Community Action Agency (SEICAA)
Address is 641 N. 8th Avenue
Pocatello, ID 83201
Call (208) 232-1114
Low income families in the following regions should call this non-profit. Bannock, Bear Lake, Bingham, Caribou, Franklin, Oneida, or Power County. The non-profit administers several programs in Idaho, including grants for heating bill from Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program, free food including Meals on Wheels, job training and other financial aid.
There are several offices of the community action agency in the region. The main offices are as follows.
- Bannock County, 825 E. Bridger, Pocatello, Idaho, dial (208) 233-7348
- Bear Lake County, 680 4th N., Suite #3, Montpelier, ID, main phone number is (208) 847-1462
- Bingham County center is at 206 S. Spruce, Blackfoot, ID, main phone (208) 785-1583
- Caribou County Southeastern Idaho Community Action Agency office is at 159 E. 2nd S., Soda Springs, ID, (208) 547-4257
- Franklin County, 16 S. 1st Street, Preston, Idaho, main phone (208) 852-1515
- Oneida County, 175 S. 300 E., Malad, ID, dial (208) 766-2737
- Power County office is at 505 N. Oregon Trail, American Falls, ID, dial (208) 226-7330
Western Idaho Community Action Partnership
315 South Main Street
Payette, Idaho 83661
Counties – Adams, Boise, Canyon, Gem, Owyhee, Payette, Valley, Washington, Asotin
If you find any of the information provided above is not accurate or if you like to add a new location to the listing above please email email@example.com
Disclaimer: The community resource directory information is deemed accurate and up-to-date, however, you should always call the provider to confirm this information and make an appointment. Be sure to confirm payment information with the provider, if payment is required. God-Bless-You
806 total views, 2 today
Meals for Kids Program
Summer Meals : There are hundreds of meal sites around USA with free meals for kids and teens ages 1-18. Summer meal programs may serve a combination of lunch, breakfast, supper and morning or afternoon snacks. Some programs also offer learning activities for kids before or after meals. Use the link below to find a site near you. Summer Meals Map