Assistance from Community Action Agencies – South Dakota
- Listed: November 19, 2018 1:57 am
- Expires: 98334 days, 19 hours
Our iOS apps : US Benefits Directory , Food Banks Directory , GSA Auctions , Low Cost Apartments Directory,
Community Action Agencies are nonprofit and public groups funded by the Community Services Block Grant (CSBG), a federal program that allocates funding to states to connect Americans to greater opportunity.
The nation’s Community Action Agencies embody our nation’s spirit of hope, change people’s lives, and improve communities. When national, state and local leaders tap into these agencies’ experience, they can promote workable solutions that connect more families to opportunity – and make America a better place to live for everyone.
Community Action Agencies try to ensure that the assistance goes to the least fortunate. The agency helps with free financial help for paying bills, applications to public benefits, and other expenses. They also offer financial support to senior citizens, disabled, unemployed, and households living in poverty.
If you are stressed and dealing with a short term financial hardship, be sure to stop by or call your local community action agency for assistance. Community action agencies may help with the following, please check for available with the agency directly.
Inter-Lakes Community Action Partnership
111 North Van Eps
Madison, South Dakota 57042-0268
Telephone number is (605) 256-6518
Counties supported by the agency include McCook, Minnehaha, Grant, Codington, Hamlin, Deuel, Clark, Kingsbury, Brookings, Miner, Lake, and Moody.
Call for details on employment programs and long term case management. There may also be rent and security deposit assistance from the Emergency Solutions Grant Program, funds to pay heating bills, and programs such as weatherization and Head Start for children.
Locations of Inter-Lakes Community Action Partnership
- Brookings County, 601 4th St, Brookings, South Dakota 57006, call 605-692-6391
- Clark County, 116 N. Commercial, Clark, SD 57225, telephone 605-532-3722
- Codington County, 7-8th Ave SE, Watertown, SD 57201, dial 605-886-7674
- Deuel County, County Courthouse, Clear Lake, South Dakota 57226, telephone 605-874-2062
- Grant County, County Courthouse, Milbank, SD 57252, 605-432-6571
- Hamlin County, County Courthouse, PO Box 237, Hayti, SD 57241, main phone 605-783-3867
- Kingsbury County, Upper Level County Courthouse, PO Box 254, De Smet, SD 57231, call 605-854-3701
- Lake County, 111 N. Van Eps Ave., Madison, South Dakota 57042, 605-256-6518
- Lincoln County, 104 N Main St., Canton, SD 57013, call 605-940-1909
- McCook County, County Courthouse, Main Level, Salem, SD 57058, 605-425-2271
- Miner County, 108 E Hwy. 34, Howard, SD 57349, 605-772-5712
- Minnehaha County, 505 N. Western Ave, Sioux Falls, South Dakota 57104, main phone 605-334-2808
- Moody County, 112 E. Pipestone, Flandreau, SD 57028, 605-997-2824
- Turner County, County Courthouse, Lower Level, Parker, South Dakota 57053, 605-940-1909
Northeast South Dakota Community Action Program
Address is 104 Ash Street East
Sisseton, SD 57262
Call (605) 698-7654
Counties include Beadle, Brown, Day, Edmunds, Faulk, Hand, Marshall, McPherson, Spink, Roberts, Campbell, Sully, Walworth, Potter, Hyde, Hughes, and Stanley.
Rural Office of Community Services, Inc.
Main address is 214 Main Street
Lake Andes, SD 57356-0070
Call (605) 487-7634
this non-profit supports Aurora, Bon Homme, Brule, Charles Mix, Clay, Davison, Douglas, Gregory, Hanson, Hutchinson, Jerauld, Lincoln, Sanborn, Turner, Union, and Yankton County.
Western South Dakota Community Action, Inc.
1844 Lombardy Drive
Rapid City, South Dakota 57703
Call (605) 348-1460 for intake
Counties – Bennett, Butte, Custer, Fall River, Jackson, Harding, Lawrence, Meade, Pennington, Dewey, Haakon, Ziebach, Corson, Stanley. This is the main non-profit in the state. A number of resources are administered including LIHEAP, emergency financial assistance, and a food pantry.
Apps for helping low income US residents
Food Bank / Food Pantry locations
Affordable subsidized Apartments for Rent
If you find any of the information provided above is not accurate or if you like to add a new location to the listing above please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: The community resource directory information is deemed accurate and up-to-date, however, you should always call the provider to confirm this information and make an appointment. Be sure to confirm payment information with the provider, if payment is required. God-Bless-You
1274 total views, 1 today
Meals for Kids Program
Summer Meals : There are hundreds of meal sites around USA with free meals for kids and teens ages 1-18. Summer meal programs may serve a combination of lunch, breakfast, supper and morning or afternoon snacks. Some programs also offer learning activities for kids before or after meals. Use the link below to find a site near you. Summer Meals Map