- Listed: September 10, 2018 1:58 am
- Expires: 99367 days, 22 hours
The Senior Benefits program is being funded at the same level as Fiscal Year 2016. Payment levels for the highest wage earning group will be increased from its current $47 monthly amount
to $76 per month effective August 1st, 2016
The Senior Benefits Program was established on August 1, 2007. It pays cash benefits to Alaskan seniors who are age 65 or older and have low to moderate income. Cash payments are $76, $175, or $250 each month depending on income. The income limits for each payment level are tied to the Alaska Federal Poverty Guidelines and change each year as the poverty level changes.
TO BE ELIGIBLE YOU MUST:
US Citizen or Immigration Eligible
- A person must be a U.S. citizen or a qualified immigrant.
- Be age 65 or older
- Live in Alaska voluntarily
- Not be in Alaska for a temporary purpose such as a vacation or business trip
- Intend to make Alaska your home
Have a Social Security number
- Have a Social Security Number or show that one has been applied for
- Have countable income that does not exceed the income limits for Senior Benefits.
- Resources, such as savings, do not count for Senior Benefits.
- Eligibility and payment amounts are based on gross annual income.
Eligibility and Payment
Reduction Information & Fact Sheet
Mail or fax your application to:
Senior Benefits Office
855 W. Commercial Drive,
Wasilla, AK 99654
Phone: 1-888-352-4150 or 352-4150;
Fax: 357-2561, toll-free 1-866-352-8539
Disclaimer: The community resource directory information is deemed accurate and up-to-date, however, you should always call the provider to confirm this information and make an appointment. Be sure to confirm payment information with the provider, if payment is required. God-Bless-You
619 total views, 1 today