- Listed: September 17, 2018 1:43 am
- Expires: 99374 days, 22 hours
Community Action Agencies provides technical assistance, training, and other resources to Community Action Agencies, nonprofit and public groups funded by the Community Services Block Grant (CSBG), a federal program that allocates funding to states to connect Americans to greater opportunity.
The nation’s Community Action Agencies embody our nation’s spirit of hope, change people’s lives, and improve communities. When national, state and local leaders tap into these agencies’ experience, they can promote workable solutions that connect more families to opportunity – and make America a better place to live for everyone.
Community action center locations in Kansas
City of Wichita Career Development Division
Main address is 444 E. William
Wichita, Kansas 67202
Telephone: (316) 337-9444
This non-profit supports all of Sedgwick County. It is one of the leading community action agencies in the state. Resources offered can include heating bill grants, weatherization, food, and of course access to job training.
Community Action, Inc.
1000 SE Hancock Street
Topeka, KS 66607-1578
Counties supported are Clay, Geary, McPherson, Dickinson, Ottawa, Saline, Wabaunsee, and Shawnee. Assistance includes eviction prevention in the form of emergency rent help or utility bill assistance. The homeless may look into funds to pay a security deposit or moving expenses. Other services in the Topeka Region include loans for home repairs, Head Start, and government aid such as SNAP food stamps.
The main sites of Community Action of Topeka Kansas are as follows. Call for more details on resources available for low income residents.
Head Start center, 2410 SE Highland Ave., Topeka, KS 66607, 785-266-0245
Administrative office, 1000 SE Hancock, Topeka, KS 66607, telephone 785-235-9561
Community services, 621 SE Swygart, Topeka, Kansas 66607, dial 785-235-9296
Center location is 1320 South Ash
Ottawa, Kansas 66067-0040
Telephone number is (785) 242-7450
Counties include Anderson, Douglas, Franklin, Coffey, Johnson, Lyon, Miami, Osage, and Morris
Economic Opportunity Foundation, Inc. of Wyandotte County
1542 Minnesota Avenue
Kansas City, KS 66102-4512
Employment Services, a Housing Department, and other programs are for low income and/or homeless residents.
Harvest America Corporation
Location is 155 South 18th Street, Suite 120
Kansas City, KS 66102-5644
Call (913) 342-2121 for intake
Offers assistance in counties of Barton, Finney, Ford, Grant, Ellis, Seward, Sherman, South Wyandotte, and Wichita Kansas. Some of the programs administered include free food, heating bill assistance, and referrals to government benefits and resources.
Harvest America Corporation operates from several offices in the area. The main centers are as follows.
- Dodge City location is at Village Square Mall #20, 2601 Central Ave, Dodge City, KS 67801-0693. Call 620-227-7882 or 877-227-7764.
- Garden City is based at 116 E. Chestnut, Suite 102, Garden City, Kansas 67846, telephone 620-275-1619
- An office is also in the Kansas City Area, 5920 Nall Avenue, Suite 308, Mission, KS 66202, telephone (913) 342-2121
Mid-Kansas Community Action Program, Inc.
Main address – 730 Cliff Drive
Augusta, Kansas 67010
Telephone: (316) 775-3000
Provides assistance, government grants, Head Start and more in the counties of Butler, Chase, Cowley, Greenwood, Harper, Harvey, Kingman, Marion, Reno, and Sumner. Career counseling and employment services are offered to those looking for a new job or a higher income.
Central Administration for Community Service Offices is located at 730 Cliff Drive, Augusta, KS 67010. Call the center at Call 316-775-3000 or 1-800-281-6373.
- Butler County location, 400 W. Central, El Dorado, KS 67042, 620-583-9654
- Chase County – 301 S. Walnut, Cottonwood Falls, Kansas 66845. Telephone number is 620-583-9654
- Cowley County, 305 S. Summit, Arkansas City, KS 67005, main number 316-452-1326
- Greenwood County, Call 620-583-9654
- Harper County. Residents need to dial 316-452-1326
- Harvey County, AGAPE Resource Center, 116 E. 6th, Newton, Kansas 671143. Main number is 316-217-2503.
- Kingman County can be reached at 316-217-2503
- Marion County, ESSDACK Learning Centers, 107 S. Main, Hillsboro, KS 67063, 316-217-2503
- Reno County center can be reached at 316-217-2503
- Sumner County, 305 S. Summit, Arkansas City, Kansas 67005, main number is 316-452-132
Northeast Kansas Community Action Program (NEK-CAP), Inc.
Mailing address – P.O. Box 380
Hiawatha, KS 66434-0380
Primary phone – (785) 742-2222
Regions and counties include – Atchison, Brown, Doniphan, Jackson, Jefferson, Leavenworth, Marshall, Nemaha, Pottawatomie, and Riley. Qualified individuals can look into resources such as weatherization or rent help from section 8 vouchers. Ongoing case management is provided too. M
NEK-CAP has several offices in the region, as noted here.
- Central Office, 1260 220th Street, Hiawatha, Kansas 66434, Phone: (785) 742-2222
- Atchison County Outreach is at 111 North 6th Street, Atchison, KS 66002. Call (913) 367-7114 for intake.
- North Brown County, 1260 220th Street, Hiawatha, KS 66434, dial (785) 742-2222
- Doniphan County center is at 530 W Jones, Troy, KS 66087, telephone (785) 985-2619
- Jackson County – 130 South Iowa, Holton, KS 66436, telephone (785) 364-2109
- Jefferson County, 204 Warren, Oskaloosa, Kansas 66066, (785) 863-2372
- Leavenworth County, 2940 Ralph Bunche Dr, Leavenworth, KS 66048, (913) 651-5692
- Marshall County Outreach, 405 North 4th, Marysville, KS 66508, (785) 562-1014
- Nemaha County center is at 209 N. 8th Street, Seneca, KS 66538, dial (785) 336-2927 for intake.
- North Pottawatomie County, 817 Leonard, Onaga, Kansas 66521, (785) 889-4722
Southeast Kansas Community Action Program, Inc. (SEK-CAP, Inc.)
Location is 401 N. Sinnet
Girard, Kansas 66743
Call (620) 724-8204 for intake
The southeastern part of the state is covered, including regions of Allen, Bourbon, Chautauqua, Cherokee, Crawford, Elk, Labette, Linn, Montgomery, Neosho, Wilson and Woodson County. You can find more about service area by clicking here hr> If you find any of the information provided above is not accurate or if you like to add a new location to the listing above please email email@example.com
Disclaimer: The community resource directory information is deemed accurate and up-to-date, however, you should always call the provider to confirm this information and make an appointment. Be sure to confirm payment information with the provider, if payment is required. God-Bless-You
742 total views, 2 today