Iowa State-Community Action Agencies
- Listed: August 26, 2018 3:56 am
- Expires: 98250 days, 19 hours
Our iOS apps : US Benefits Directory , Food Banks Directory , GSA Auctions , Low Cost Apartments Directory,
Community Action Agencies are nonprofit and public groups funded by the Community Services Block Grant (CSBG), a federal program that allocates funding to states to connect Americans to greater opportunity.
The nation’s Community Action Agencies embody our nation’s spirit of hope, change people’s lives, and improve communities. When national, state and local leaders tap into these agencies’ experience, they can promote workable solutions that connect more families to opportunity – and make America a better place to live for everyone.
Community Action Agency of Siouxland and Woodbury County
Address: 2700 Leech Avenue
Sioux City, Iowa 51106
Telephone number is (712) 274-1610
Programs range from groceries from the George J. Williams Memorial Food Bank to transitional housing and grants from General Assistance for paying bills and emergency expenses.
There are two main offices of Community Action Agency of Siouxland. They are below.
- Main Building is at 2700 Leech Ave., Sioux City, IA 51103. Call 712-274-1610.
- Sloan office is at 2711 S. Helen, Sioux City, Iowa 51106. Call 712-274-9940.
Community Action of Eastern Iowa
Location – 500 East 59th Street
Davenport, IA 52807-2623
Call (563) 324-3236
Offers low income assistance for the counties of Muscatine, Cedar, Clinton, and Scott.
Locations Community Action of Eastern Iowa
- Cedar County, 101 Lynn St., Tipton, Iowa 52772, call 563-886-3191 or toll free 800-920-3191.
- Clinton County, 240 North Bluff Blvd. Suite 203, Clinton, IA 52732, dial 563-243-5220 for intake.
- Community Action of Eastern Iowa at Dewitt, 1415 B 11th St., DeWitt, IA 52742, 563-659-8492
- Muscatine County, Muscatine Mall- 1903 Park Ave., Muscatine, Iowa 52761, call 563-263-9290 for information.
- Scott County, Main Administrative Office is at 500 E. 59th Street, Davenport, IA 52807, Phone 563-324-3236.
Community Action of Southeast Iowa
2850 Mt. Pleasant Street, Suite 108
Burlington, IA 52601
One of the leading community action agencies in Iowa. Helps families in the counties of Des Moines, Henry, Louisa, and Lee. Resources provided include heating assistance from LIHEAP, weatherization, and job training. Call the location if you are faced with an emergency.
IMPACT – formerly known as Des Moines Community Action Agency
- 3226 University Ave, Des Moines, Iowa
- 500 Army Post Rd Suite 17, Des Moines, IA
- 2701 SE Convenience Blvd, Ankeny, Iowa.
There are three offices. Contact #s 515-274-9496 and 274-1334.
Offers resources for residents of the City of Des Moines. Programs range from referrals to state of Iowa government benefits such as food stamps and low income energy bill assistance to section 8 vouchers and furnace repairs.
Hawkeye Area Community Action Program (HACAP)
1515 Hawkeye Drive
Hiawatha, IA 52233
Telephone: (319) 393-7811
Regions covered are Benton, Iowa, Jones, Linn, Washington, and Johnson. There are several programs available, such as transitional housing. Grants can be available for paying heating bills from LIHEAP, and partnerships are in place with clinics, food pantries, and other Iowa agencies.
MATURA Action Corporation
Address is 203 West Adams
Creston, IA 50801
Call (641) 782-8431 for intake
Counties – Adair, Adams, Madison, Ringgold, Taylor, Union. Homeless prevention is available, which may include funds to pay rent, a partial mortgage payment, or a security deposit fee. Promise Jobs will meet employment needs, and the federal government Emergency Food and Shelter program may have loans or other aid for housing and buying food. Other services are offered by the non-profit too.
Locations of the community action agency are as follows.
- Taylor County, 607 Madison Street, Bedford, IA 50833, Phone: 712-523-3144
- Union County MATURA Outreach Center, 207B North Elm, dial 641-782-8431
- Madison County Center is at 1724 N. John Wayne Drive, Winterset, IA 50273, telephone 515-462-4704
- Ringgold County MATURA Outreach Center, 202 North Taylor Street, Mount Ayr, IA 50854, 641-464-2401
- Adair County, 354 Public Square, Greenfield, IA 50849, Main Phone: 641-743-2424
- Adams County, 1609 Quincy, Suite 3, Corning, IA 50841, dial 641-322-4096
Mid-Iowa Community Action, Inc.
Main address is 1001 S. 18th Ave.
Marshalltown, IA 50158
Dial (641) 752-7162 for information
A wide territory is covered. Offers grants and employment services for the region of Hardin, Marshall, Poweshiek, Hamilton, Story, Tama, Benton, Boone, Calhoun, Greene, Humboldt, Jasper, Kossuth, Mahaska, Marion, Warren, Webster, Wright and Pocahontas County. MICA has several centers to contact. They include the following.
1001 S. 18th Ave., Marshalltown, IA 50158, phone (641) 752-7162
Story County – 230 SE 16th Street, Ames. Phone: 515-956-3333
Poweshiek County MICA center – 611 4th Avenue, Grinnell, dial 641-236-3923
Hardin County office is at 637 S. Oak Street, Iowa Falls. Phone – 641-648-5036.
Marshall County Mid-Iowa Community Action office is at 6 S. 2nd Street, Marshalltown, phone 641-753-5523
Tama County families can stop at 105 S. State Street, Tama. Phone 641-484-4713.
Mid-Sioux Opportunity, Inc.
Main address is 418 Marion Street
Remsen, IA 51050
Telephone number is (712) 786-2001
Counties include Cherokee, Ida, Sioux, Lyon, and Plymouth.
New Opportunities, Inc.
Mailing address – PO Box 427
Carroll, IA 51401
Call (712) 792-9266
Counties supported are Audubon, Calhoun, Carroll, Dallas, Greene, Guthrie, and Sac
North Iowa Community Action Organization
Main office is at 218 5th Street, SW
Mason City, Iowa 5040-1627
Counties – Butler, Cerro Gordo, Floyd, Franklin, Hancock, Kossuth, Mitchell, Winnebago, Worth. Low income families, seniors, and other can apply for resources such as Head Start and credit counseling. Thousands of families receive guidance, financial and rent help from the agency every year.
The primary North Iowa Community Action Organization offices and outreach centers are below.
- North Iowa Community Action Weatherization Program, 2817 4th Street SE, Mason City IA 50401, call 641-423-7766 or dial the toll free number of 1-800-873-1899.
- Bambi Urich, Outreach and Family Development, 1190 Briarstone Drive, Mason City, Iowa 50401, call (641) 423-7766 or (800) 873-1899
- Butler County Outreach, 219 N. Mather, Clarksville, Iowa 50619. Dial (800) 873-1899
- Cerro Gordo, 1190 Briarstone Dr, Mason City, Iowa 50401, call (641) 423-7766
- Franklin County Outreach Center, 123 1st Ave SW, Hampton, Iowa 50441, main number is (641) 456-3431
- Floyd County center is at 603 Beck St, Charles City, IA 50616, telephone (641) 228-2893
- Hancock County NICAO Outreach Center, call (800) 873-1899
- Kossuth County, 117 East Call St, Algona, Iowa 50511, dial (515) 295-2531
- Mitchell County Outreach families should call (800) 873-1899
- Winnebago County Outreach Office, 135 School St, Forest City, IA 50436, call (641) 585-5863
- Worth County, 209 N Broadway P.O. Box 176, Manly, Iowa 50456, main number is (641) 454-3220
Northeast Iowa Community Action Corporation
Main location is 305 Montgomery Street
Decorah, Iowa 52101
Call the center at (563) 382-8436
Resources are offered for the counties of Allamakee, Bremer, Chickasaw, Clayton, Winneshiek, Fayette, and Howard.
NEICAC office locations
- Allamakee County, 953 3rd Avenue NW, Waukon, Iowa 52172-0173, call (563) 568-4224
- Bremer County, address is 117 W Bremer Avenue, Waverly, IA 50677, phone (319) 352-4532
- Chickasaw County office is at 910 E Main Street, New Hampton, Iowa 50659-0205. Call (641) 394-2007
- Clayton County, Clayton County Office Building, 600 Gunder Road NE Suite 11, Elkader, IA 52403, (563) 245-2452
- Fayette County, Courthouse Basement, West Union, Iowa 52175-0481, main phone (563) 422-3354
- Another site is at 297 6th Avenue SW, Oelwein, IA 50663-0549, dial (319) 283-2510
- Howard County, 204 2nd Street E, Cresco, IA 52136, main phone (563) 547-4413
- Winneshiek County, 305 Montgomery Street, Decorah, IA 52101-0487, telephone (563) 382-8436 Ext 150
Waterloo, IA 50704-4120
Telephone: (319) 291-2065
Towns and regions supported include Black Hawk, Buchanan, and Grundy County Iowa. There are grants for paying heating and gas bills, home buying and loan counseling services, TBRA for paying rent, and information on state of Iowa benefits.
Operation Threshold has a few main offices. There is one in each county supported. They include the following.
- Buchanan County Office, 1707 First St., E-3, Independence, IA 50644, 319-334-6081
- Grundy County Office, 1606 G Ave., Grundy Center, IA 50638, call 319-824-3460
- Black Hawk County Office, 1535 Lafayette, Waterloo, Iowa 50704, telephone number is 319-291-2065
Operation: New View Community Action Agency
Main address: 1473 Central Avenue
Dubuque, IA 52001-4853
Main phone – (563) 556-5130
Counties are Delaware, Jackson, and Dubuque.
Red Rock Area Community Action Program, Inc., now known as IMPACT Community Action Partnership
Main location is 1009 S. Jefferson, Suite 2
Indianola, IA 50125
Telephone: (515) 961-6271
Counties are Boone, Jasper, Marion, Polk (excluding City of Des Moines), and Warren. Some examples of the assistance programs include loans or funds for paying rent or security deposits, weatherization, Head Start, and free food from government programs.
South Central Iowa Community Action Program, Inc.
1711 Osceola Avenue, Suite 103
Chariton, Iowa 50049
Telephone: (641) 774-8133
A number of resources are offered. The unemployed can look into employment services. Emergency rent and or LIHEAP crisis aid may be offered. Referrals and self-sufficiency is always a focus too. Residents of Clarke, Lucas, Monroe, Decatur, and Wayne County can apply.
Southern Iowa Economic Development Association
Main location is 226 W. Main
Ottumwa, IA 52501-0658
Apponoose, Davis, Jefferson, Keokuk, Mahaska, Van Buren, and Wapello County.
Upper Des Moines Opportunity, Inc.
Mailing address is P.O. Box 519
Graettinger, IA 51342-0519
Telephone number – (712) 859-3885
Government programs such as Head Start and food is available for Buena Vista, Clay, Dickinson, Emmet, Hamilton, Humboldt, O’Brien, Osceola, Palo Alto, Pocahontas, Wright, and Webster County.
West Central Community Action
1408 “A” Highway
Harlan, Iowa 51537-709
Western part of Iowa is covered. Counties of Pottawattamie, Cass, Crawford, Fremont, Harrison, Mills, Montgomery, Page, Shelby, and Monona.
Apps for helping low income US residents
Food Bank / Food Pantry locations
Affordable subsidized Apartments for Rent
If you find any of the information provided above is not accurate or if you like to add a new location to the listing above please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: The community resource directory information is deemed accurate and up-to-date, however, you should always call the provider to confirm this information and make an appointment. Be sure to confirm payment information with the provider, if payment is required. God-Bless-You
1547 total views, 1 today
Meals for Kids Program
Summer Meals : There are hundreds of meal sites around USA with free meals for kids and teens ages 1-18. Summer meal programs may serve a combination of lunch, breakfast, supper and morning or afternoon snacks. Some programs also offer learning activities for kids before or after meals. Use the link below to find a site near you. Summer Meals Map