- Listed: August 12, 2018 4:38 am
- Expires: 99871 days, 5 hours
Free Food pantries /Food Banks
Food banks and free food pantries listed below help families that are facing hunger.. . The pantries are mostly located at churches and non-profits in the region. Most of the free food pantry locations may have an application process, which usually requires proof of income, residency proof etc. Using donations from the community, and relying on volunteers, the locations may pass out free boxes of food or serve a meal.
Referral Service: Huntington Area Food Bank
1661-1663 7th Ave
Huntington, West Virginia 25703-1411
For referrals, dial (304) 523-6029
They only offer referrals to families; no direct distribution themselves. They partner with a network of pantries run by churches, charities, and non-profits.
Address is 621 13th St.
Huntington, West Virginia 25701
The pantry may have perishables, canned goods, frozen foods, Ensure, baby formula and non-food items such as cleaning supplies, personal care items, or diapers. A clothing closet is on site too.
CCSO – Cabell County Community Services Organization
Location is 724 Tenth Ave.
Huntington, WV 25701
Main number – (304) 529-4952
They help with applications to many public welfare type programs. They include preventative health care, SNAP food stamps, WIC vouchers for new moms or pregnant women, and others. They also have senior centers in Cabell County that serve the elderly free hot meals and baskets of food as well as offer nutrition services. The non-profit will also provide nutritional supplement Ensure at a lower cost.
Stella Fuller Settlement
128 Washington Ave.
Huntington, West Virginia 25701
Free food is given that can last up to 7 days. Canned as well as fresh fruit, vegetables, peanut butter/jelly and other supplies. They also have a free school clothes and supply voucher program, small household items, and free Christmas toys and meals. Thanksgiving turkeys are also offered in Cabell County.
Eastern Cabell County Humanities Organization
1038 Smith St.
Milton, West Virginia 25541
Salvation Army – Cabell County
1235 Third Ave.
Huntington, West Virginia 25712
Main phone number is (304) 529-2401
Assistance programs for low income families are wide ranging. There is clothing bank as well as thrift store. Other items include angel Tree Christmas toys, an emergency food pantry, baby formula, and Prescription Medication Services. They feed and house the poor. School book bags in the fall help kids, and free snacks are given out.
Click here for our Windows 10 desktop App
Disclaimer: The community resource directory information is deemed accurate and up-to-date, however, you should always call the provider to confirm this information and make an appointment. Be sure to confirm payment information with the provider, if payment is required.
52 total views, 1 today
- Staten Island-New York-Free Food pantries /Food Banks (2 views)
- Cabell County-West Virginia-Free Food pantries /Food Banks (1 views)
- Medicaid & Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) (1 views)
- Alabama- Community Action Partnership locations (1 views)
- Angelina and Nacogdoches County -Texas -Free Food pantries /Food Banks (1 views)
- Bergen County-New Jersey -Free Food pantries /Food Banks (1 views)
- San Diego County California- Free Food pantries /Food Banks -1 (1 views)
- King County-Washington-Free Food pantries /Food Banks (1 views)
- Allen County-Indiana-Free Food pantries /Food Banks (1 views)
- Nassau County-New York-Free Food pantries /Food Banks (1 views)