- Listed: November 19, 2018 4:07 am
- Expires: 99562 days, 21 hours
Community Action Agencies are nonprofit and public groups funded by the Community Services Block Grant (CSBG), a federal program that allocates funding to states to connect Americans to greater opportunity.
The nation’s Community Action Agencies embody our nation’s spirit of hope, change people’s lives, and improve communities. When national, state and local leaders tap into these agencies’ experience, they can promote workable solutions that connect more families to opportunity – and make America a better place to live for everyone.
Community Action Agencies try to ensure that the assistance goes to the least fortunate. The agency helps with free financial help for paying bills, applications to public benefits, and other expenses. They also offer financial support to senior citizens, disabled, unemployed, and households living in poverty.
If you are stressed and dealing with a short term financial hardship, be sure to stop by or call your local community action agency for assistance. Community action agencies may help with the following, please check for available with the agency directly.
- Help for preventing homelessness.
- Pre-School Scholarship Program
- Foreclosure Prevention Programs
- Home repair programs, including low interest loans.
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Job training and placement.
- Mortgage, housing, and credit counseling services
- Childcare for poor working parents
- Head Start programs for children.
- Emergency Food and Shelter Program
- Free food and meals
- Job Development, Training and Computer Literacy Services
- Home Energy Assistance Program.
- Weatherization Assistance Program
- Home Ownership Planning Education
- Prescription Drug Assistance Vouchers
- Rental Assistance program
- Transportation & Aging centers for seniors
Carbon County Community Action Committee
Rawlins, Wyoming 82301
Telephone number – (307) 328-2670
Community Action of Laramie County, Inc.
Address is 200 W. 17th Street, Suite 210
Cheyenne, WY 82001
Telephone number – (307) 635-9291
This non-profit covers the entire state. Apply for job training, energy/heating bill assistance, and programs such as Head Start.
Community Action Partnership of Natrona County
800 Werner Court, Suite 201
Casper, WY 82601
Community Resource Center
40 East Hart Street, PO Box 363
Buffalo, Wyoming 82834
Call (307) 684-7933 for intake
Council of Community Services
Main address is 114 S. 4-J Road
Gillette, WY 82716
Main telephone:(307) 686-2730
Counties covered – Campbell
Northwest CAP of Wyoming (NOWCAP)
500 15 Mile Road
Worland, Wyoming 82401
Main number is (307) 347-6185
Another community action agency that supports all towns and counties.
Uinta County Human Services
Location is 350 City View Drive, #200
Evanston, WY 82930
Call (307) 789-7194 for information.
Provides emergency assistance in Uinta County. Housing programs, food, referrals, and other support is offered for low income families.
Yellowstone Country Assistance Network – Park County
Main address is 661 Wyoming Avenue, Suite 1
Powell, Wyoming 82435
Call (307) 754-2073
528 total views, 2 today