- Listed: November 19, 2018 3:12 am
- Expires: 99638 days, 4 hours
Community Action Agencies are nonprofit and public groups funded by the Community Services Block Grant (CSBG), a federal program that allocates funding to states to connect Americans to greater opportunity.
The nation’s Community Action Agencies embody our nation’s spirit of hope, change people’s lives, and improve communities. When national, state and local leaders tap into these agencies’ experience, they can promote workable solutions that connect more families to opportunity – and make America a better place to live for everyone.
Community Action Agencies try to ensure that the assistance goes to the least fortunate. The agency helps with free financial help for paying bills, applications to public benefits, and other expenses. They also offer financial support to senior citizens, disabled, unemployed, and households living in poverty.
If you are stressed and dealing with a short term financial hardship, be sure to stop by or call your local community action agency for assistance. Community action agencies may help with the following, please check for available with the agency directly.
- Help for preventing homelessness.
- Pre-School Scholarship Program
- Foreclosure Prevention Programs
- Home repair programs, including low interest loans.
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Job training and placement.
- Mortgage, housing, and credit counseling services
- Childcare for poor working parents
- Head Start programs for children.
- Emergency Food and Shelter Program
- Free food and meals
- Job Development, Training and Computer Literacy Services
- Home Energy Assistance Program.
- Weatherization Assistance Program
- Home Ownership Planning Education
- Prescription Drug Assistance Vouchers
- Rental Assistance program
- Transportation & Aging centers for seniors
Bear River Association of Governments
Address – 170 North Main Street
Logan, Utah 84321
Counties supported are Box Elder, Cache, and Rich. Applications for energy bill assistance from HEAT, emergency housing and rental assistance, and programs for seniors and caregivers are available. Case managers can help with other needs as well.
The lowest-income households in Utah that usually have the highest heating costs, are seniors, handicapped and households with preschool-age children, so they get priority. This program is federal government funded through the U.S. Department of Energy’s Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). To schedule an appointment or to apply for a grant, please call one of the following phone numbers:
- For residents of Box Elder County – (435) 723-1116
- Low income residents of Rich County – 1 (877) 772-7242
- Residents of Cache County – (435) 713-1444
There are a couple main offices. They are at 170 N Main, Logan, Utah 84321, dial (435) 752-7242 as well as the Perry Office. Address is 2535 South Highway 89, Perry, Utah 84302. Main phone (435) 723-1111.
Community Action Services and Food bank
815 So. Freedom Boulevard, Suite 100
Provo, UT 84601
Telephone: (801) 373-8200
Can provide free food and material support. However, will also process applications for government grant programs such as HEAT and energy conservation, including weatherization. Counties supported are Utah, Wasatch and Summit.
The Community Action Services and Food Bank agency has numerous offices throughout its service territory.
One office is located at 815 South Freedom Boulevard, Provo, Utah 84601 and can be reached by phone at (801) 373-8200.
Other centers are 34 West 200 South, Suite 4, Heber, Utah 84032. This office’s phone number is (435) 654-2182.
17 South Main Street, Coalville, UT 84017, dial (435) 336-4277.
30 South Main Street, Kamas, Utah 84036. For information, dial (435) 783-4303.
140 North Main Street, Spanish Fork, UT 84660. For information, dial (801) 830-3951.
Address: 1360 East 1450 South
Clearfield, Utah 840150
Five County Association of Governments CAP
Main address – 1070 W. 1600 S. Building B
St. George, Utah 84770
Call for intake – (435) 673-3548
The non-profit community action agency can help seniors and low income people who live in Washington, Garfield, Iron, Beaver, and Kane.
Ogden-Weber Community Action Partnership, Inc.
3159 Grant Avenue
Ogden, UT 84401
Salt Lake Community Action Program – Renamed as Utah Community Action
Main address: 764 S. 200 West
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Phone number is (801) 359-2444
Thousands of low income and working poor families receive assistance. This can include rent or mortgage help. Employment and career counseling may also be arranged by case managers. The office supports Salt Lake and Tooele County. While the non-profit will try to issue grants to help low income families in Utah, in some cases interest deferred loans may be used.
The overall goal of SLCAP is ending poverty, which is more evident than ever. The locations of the Neighborhood Centers are here.
- Northwest, dial 801-359-8741. The address is 1300 West 300 North, Salt Lake City, and hours are Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday from 1:00PM-4:45PM. The location Serves (zip codes): 84101, 84102, 84103, 84104, 84105, 84106, 84108, 84109, 84111, 84112, 84115, and 84116.
- Redwood region is at 3060 South Lester Street, West Valley City. The days are Monday to Friday from 11:00AM-12:00PM & 1:00PM-4:45PM . The site serves zip codes of 84107, 84117, 84119, 84120, 84124, 84123 and 84129. Dial 801-972-6661.
- Copperview (formerly called South County). Phone number – 801-255-3516. Address is 8446 South Harrison Street, Midvale. The center is open Monday through Thursday, Service Hours are 11:00AM-12:00PM & 1:00PM-4:45PM. the center covers zip codes of 84020, 84047, 84065, 84070, 84081, 84084, 84088, 84090, 84092, 84093, 84094, 84095, 84096, 84107 and 84121.
- Magna. Address – 3441 South 8400 West, Magna. It is open Monday and Wednesday, from 1:00PM-4:45PM . Serves zips of 84118, 84128, and 84044. Dial 801-250-6414.
- Grantsville address 7 South Park Street, Grantsville. Days are Monday, Thursday, & Friday. Call 435-884-4452. It covers Tooele County, and hours are 1:00PM-4:45PM .
Six County Association of Governments
250 North Main
Richfield, Utah 84701
Call (435) 896-9222
Counties – Jaub, Millard, Piute, Sanpete, Wayne, and Sevier
Southeastern Utah Association Governments
Location is 375 South Carbon Avenue
Price, UT 84501
Primary number is (435) 637-5444
Uintah Basin Association of Governments
330 East 100 South
Roosevelt, Utah 84066-3121
Tele – (435) 722-4518
Call to inquire about services such as Head Start and other emergency financial aid.
385 total views, 1 today