- Listed: November 19, 2018 3:06 am
- Expires: 99317 days, 21 hours
Community Action Agencies are nonprofit and public groups funded by the Community Services Block Grant (CSBG), a federal program that allocates funding to states to connect Americans to greater opportunity.
The nation’s Community Action Agencies embody our nation’s spirit of hope, change people’s lives, and improve communities. When national, state and local leaders tap into these agencies’ experience, they can promote workable solutions that connect more families to opportunity – and make America a better place to live for everyone.
Community Action Agencies try to ensure that the assistance goes to the least fortunate. The agency helps with free financial help for paying bills, applications to public benefits, and other expenses. They also offer financial support to senior citizens, disabled, unemployed, and households living in poverty.
If you are stressed and dealing with a short term financial hardship, be sure to stop by or call your local community action agency for assistance. Community action agencies may help with the following, please check for available with the agency directly.
- Help for preventing homelessness.
- Pre-School Scholarship Program
- Foreclosure Prevention Programs
- Home repair programs, including low interest loans.
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Job training and placement.
- Mortgage, housing, and credit counseling services
- Childcare for poor working parents
- Head Start programs for children.
- Emergency Food and Shelter Program
- Free food and meals
- Job Development, Training and Computer Literacy Services
- Home Energy Assistance Program.
- Weatherization Assistance Program
- Home Ownership Planning Education
- Prescription Drug Assistance Vouchers
- Rental Assistance program
- Transportation & Aging centers for seniors
Aspermont Small Business Development Center
Main address – P.O. Box 188
Aspermont, TX 79502
Telephone number is (940) 989-3538
This is the community action agency for the counties of Haskell, Kent, Jones, Knox, Stonewall, and Throckmorton. Low income assistance, career counseling, and other case management is provided.
Big Bend Community Action Committee, Inc.
Marfa, TX 79843
Call the location at (432) 729-4908
The Big Bend region of Texas includes Hudspeth, Brewster, Culberson, Jeff Davis, and Presidio. A focus is on helping residents with paying their utility bills.
Other assistance offered from Big Bend Community Action Committee includes referrals, case management, and information on government benefits. The main offices are as follows.
-1412 West Berlin Street, Marfa, TX 79843, dial (432) 729-4908 or call toll free1-855-TRY-TRAX
-The Presidio Office is at Farm to Market 170 / Foothill Boulevard in Presidio, Texas 79845. Call (432) 229-3678.
-The Alpine Office is at 607 W. Gallego, Alpine, TX 79830, (432) 837-2142
-Van Horn BBCAC Office is at 1304 W. Broadway, Van Horn, Texas 79855, telephone (432) 283-1159
Bee Community Action Agency
Address: P.O. Box 1540
Beeville, Texas 78104-1540
Call (361) 358-5530 for intake.
This location helps families in Refugio, Bee, Aransas, Kenedy, Kleberg, Live Oak, and McMullen. Stop by for information on their services.
Brazos Valley Community Action Agency, Inc.
Main location is 1500 University Drive E., Suite 100
College Station, Texas 77840
Telephone number to call – (979) 846-1100
This non-profit covers a wide swath of land, including the counties of Brazos, Montgomery, Burleson, Chambers, Washington, Grimes, Leon, Liberty, Madison, Robertson, Walker, and Waller. Dozens of programs are offered here, or get referrals to services.
Head Start also supports children with disabilities. They will be fully included in classrooms and home based activities. The program is full inclusion and all children from the region will be able to receive the full range of services and activities. The BVCAA also works closely with the local public schools to assure that children with disabilities receive all the special support and services they need. The main phone numbers and locations are below.
- BVCAA, Inc. Head Start Administration, 3141 Briarcrest Drive, Suite 501, Bryan, Texas 77802, Phone: 979-774-3496
- Home Base for Brazos, Burleson and Leon County, 3141 Briarcrest, Suite 513, Bryan, Tx 77802, call (979) 774-0817
- Brenham, 305 Val Verde, Brenham, TX 77833, main number is (979) 830-7037
- Bryan CDC, 711 Houston, Bryan, Texas 77803, telephone (979) 775-5492
- Buffalo, 110 Bison Train, Buffalo, Texas 75831.
- Hearne CDC, 710 Magnolia, Hearne, Tx 77859, dial (979) 279-5081
- Madisonville, 901 Trinity, Madisonville, TX 77864, (936) 348-3915
- Navasota, 1605 Neal, Navasota, Texas, dial (936) 825-4280
- Neal, 1306 Barak Lane, Bryan, TX 77802, telephone (979) 260-2679
Cameron-Willacy Counties Community Projects, Inc.
3302 Boca Chica, Suite 209
Brownsville, TX 78521-5705
1144 Professional Drive
Brownsville, TX 78520
Main phone number is (956) 544-6411. There are many services for the working poor available from this community action agency.
Agency helps with utilities (light, gas, and propane), retro-fitting of cooling and heating devices, assists communities and farm workers, assists with house weatherization (energy efficient), case management, income tax forms, budgeting (cleaning up credit) and Job Readiness.
Hours:Mon, Tue, Wed, and Fri 8am-12 noon
Area(s) Served:Cameron & Willacy County
Fees:Call for information
Application Process:Consultations ONLY Monday 1:00pm – 4:00pm
Eligibility Requirements:Poverty guidelines
Central Texas Opportunities, Inc.
Supports the central part of the state, which is the Texas counties of Brown, Coleman, McCulloch, Comanche, Eastland, Runnels, Williamson and Callahan.
Coleman, TX 76834
City of Austin and Travis County, Health & Human Services Department
Austin, Texas 78767
The Neighborhood Centers are listed below. Call for more information or hours.
Bastrop WIC Clinic, 443 Highway 71, Bastrop, Texas 78602, call 1-800-942-2778
Blackland Neighborhood Center is located at 2005 Salina, Austin, Texas 78722. Call 512-972-5790
Clarksville Community Health Center is located at 1000 Toyath Street, Austin, TX 78703.
Del Valle WIC Clinic – South Rural Community Center, 3518 FM 973, Del Valle, Texas 78617. Call the center at 512-972-4942 for intake.
Dove Springs WIC Clinic, 6801 South IH-35, Suite I & J, Austin, Texas 78744, 512-972-4942
East Austin Neighborhood Center, 211 Comal St, Austin, Texas 78702, 512-972-6650
CommUnity Care, 211 Comal, Austin, Texas 78702, 512-972-6678
Elgin WIC Clinic, 218 South Main Street, Elgin, Texas 78621, 512-972-4942
Far South WIC Clinic, 405 W. Stassney, Austin, Texas 78745. Telephone 512-972-4942
Manor WIC Clinic, East Rural Community Center, 600 West Carrie Manor, Manor, Texas 78653, 512-972-4942
Mom’s Place – WIC Breastfeeding Clinic, 8701 Research Blvd., Suite B, Austin, Texas 78758, 512-719-3010
Montopolis Neighborhood Center, 1416 Montopolis Drive, Austin, Texas 78741. The number is 512-972-6650
Northwest WIC Clinic is located at 8701 Research Blvd, Suite A, Austin, Texas 78758. Call 512-972-4942.
Oak Hill WIC Clinic, West Rural Community Center, 8656 Hwy. 71 W., Bldg. A, Ste. B, Austin, Texas, 78735. Telephone – 512-972-4942
Pflugerville WIC Clinic, North Rural Community Center, 15822 Foothill Farms Loop, Pflugerville, Texas 78660, call 512-972-4942
Rosewood-Zaragosa Neighborhood Center and WIC clinic, 2800 Webberville Rd, Austin, Texas 78702, 512-972-6740
South Austin Neighborhood Center, 2508 Durwood, Austin, Texas 78704, 512-972-6840
South Austin Multipurpose Center is another option. Call 512-972-4942
St. John’s Community Center, 7500 Blessing Ave., Austin, Texas 78752, dial 512-972-5159
St. Johns WIC Clinic and Community Center, 7500 Blessing Avenue, Austin, Texas 78752, dial 512-972-4942
Tarrant County and City of Fort Worth, Community Action Partners
4200 South Freeway, Suite 2200
Fort Worth, TX 76115-1499
Telephone number is (817) 392-5010
This location serves the entire county and region. Dozens of assistance programs, referrals, and support systems are in place for qualified Tarrant County residents.
Locations of City of Fort Worth, Community Action Partners
- North Tri-Ethnic, 2950 Roosevelt Ave., Fort Worth, Texas 76106
- Northside office, 1100 NW 18th St., Fort Worth, Texas 76164
- Far Northwest, 920 Roberts Cut Off Road, River Oaks, TX 76114
- Como, 4900 Horne St, Fort Worth, TX 76107
- Worth Heights, 3551 New York Ave., Fort Worth, TX 76110
- Southside, 959 E Rosedale St., Fort Worth, Texas 76104
- Andrew “Doc” Session, 201 S Sylvania Ave., Fort Worth, TX 76111
- Martin Luther King, 5565 Truman Drive, Fort Worth, TX 76112
- Far Southwest, 1601 E Lamar Blvd #201, Arlington, Texas 76011
- Administration office, 4200 S. Freeway, Suite 2200, Fort Worth, 76115, 817-392-5790
City of Lubbock Community Action Agency
Mailing address is P.O. Box 2000
Lubbock, Texas 79457
For more information on their housing programs, details on emergency grants, or referrals. More for information, or referrals to non-profits or public benefits, the City of Lubbock Community Action Agency can be reached at 211.
City of San Antonio, Department of Human Services
Primary address is P.O. Box 839966
San Antonio, TX 78283-3966
Call (210) 207-8141 for an appointment and intake.
Unemployed and low income in Bexar County can call this number for the community action agency. Self-sufficiency, credit counseling, and other emergency aid may be administered.
San Antonio Department of Human Services is based at several locations. Some of them include the following.
- 106 S. St. Mary’s, 7th Floor, San Antonio, Texas 78205. Dial 210.207.8198.
- Neighborhood Place, Financial Empowerment center and VITA, 3014 Rivas 78228, call 210.431.7551.
- Claude Black Community Center, Financial Empowerment Center, 2805 E. Commerce 78203. Telephone number is 210.207.5233.
Combined Community Action, Inc.
Address is 165 West Austin Street
Giddings, Texas 78942
Telephone number is (979) 540-2999
Counties supported are Austin, Colorado, Bastrop, Fayette, and Lee. A number of resources are available.
Community Action Committee of Victoria, TX
P.O. Box 3607
Victoria, TX 77903-3607
If you live in Victoria, Calhoun, DeWitt, Gonzales, Goliad, Jackson, or Lavaca, then this is the non-profit agency you will want to call.
Community Action Corporation of South Texas
Location/address is P.O. Drawer 1820
Alice, Texas 78333-1820
Dial (361) 664-0145
Programs offered for the counties of Brooks, Jim Wells, and San Patricio are extensive. Thousands of struggling individuals turn to this location for financial support, information, food, and more. There is some assistance for other nearby counties too, including Hidalgo, Webb, Nueces, Kleberg, Starr, McMullen, and others.
Community Action Corporation of South Texas has several offices and phone numbers. They are below.
Alice, TX 78333-1820, Telephone: (361) 664-0145
Dial 361-661-1300 in Jim Wells, Brooks, Duval, Jim Hogg, and Webb Counties
956-787-2539 in Hidalgo, Starr, and Zapata Counties
(361)325-9737 Falfurrias Brooks County
361-364-0220 in Kenedy, Kleberg, and San Patricio Counties
Another office can be reached by dial (361)664-4769 Alice: (All Counties) Jim Wells County
Call (361)364-0220 if you live in Sinton San Patricio County
Community Action Program of Taylor County
The main location is in Abilene Texas. The non-profit provides support to the most vulnerable around education, employment, and applications to government aid. Clients include veterans, the disabled, and immigrants among others.
Community Action Social Services & Education, Inc. and Maverick County
Eagle Pass, TX 78853
Community Council of Southwest Texas
Counties of Edwards, Kinney, Real, Uvalde, Val Verde, Zavala
Address – 713 E. Main
Uvalde, Texas 78802-1709
Main telephone (830) 278-6268
Community Action, Inc. of Central Texas
P.O. Box 748
San Marcos, Texas 78667-0748
Call (512) 392-1161 for hours and intake.
County – Blanco, Caldwell, Hays
Community Council of South Central Texas, Inc. (CCSCT)
Main office is at 205-A East Court Street
Seguin, TX 78155
Self-sufficiency, job counseling, and other aid is offered for residents of Atascosa, Bandara, Frio, Gillispie, Karnes, Guadalupe, Kendall, Kerr, Comal, Medina, Wilson. Apply for CEAP, government grant programs and more.
Community Services Agency of South Texas, Inc., including Dimmit and LaSalle
910 South 5th Street
Carrizo Springs, TX 78834
They process applications for CEAP energy bill assistance, offer help for the elderly from Multi-Service Senior Centers, and provide other aid.
Community Services of Northeast Texas, Inc.
P.O. Box 427
Linden, TX 75563
Call – (903) 756-5596
Services are for Bowie, Camp, Cass, Morris, and Marion. Some of what is available from the community action agency includes Career Services Center, free home repairs, and funds for bills in partnership with other non-profits.
The locations of the community action centers are as follow.
- Camp County, 200 W. Marshall, PO Box 892, Pittsburg, TX 75686, 903-856-5861
- Marion County, 1115 N. Walcott, Ste. B, Jefferson, TX 75657, 903-665-9198
- Morris County, 102 Coffey St., Daingerfield, TX 75638, 903-645-5608
- Cass County, 304 E. Houston, Linden, Texas 75563, dial 903-756-5596
- Bowie County office is at 1611 N. Robison Rd., Texarkana, TX 75570. Call 903-838-0746 for details.
The nutritional resources indicated above in counties such as Camp, Morris, and Cass also rely on volunteers and donations from the community. Donate if you can. The Congregate Meal Locations are as follows.
- American Legion Hall, 111 West Broadway, Jefferson, TX 75657, 903-665-1005
- Address is 267 CR 3516, Leesburg, Texas 75451, call 903-856-2910
- Another meal site is at 525 Elm St., Pittsburg, TX 75686, 903-856-9050
- 106 Crockett St., Marshall, TX 75670, 903-935-6115
- 165 Texas Ave., Waskom, Texas 75692, phone 903-687-2323
Community Services, Inc.
Location is P.O. Box 612
Corsicana, TX 75151
Telephone number is (903) 872-2401
Residents of Kaufman, Anderson, Collin, Denton, Ellis, Hunt, Navarro, Henderson, Rockwell, Van Zandt, and Navarro need to call this center. Referrals are available to SNAP food stamps and other financial aid programs for working poor families in Texas.
Concho Valley Community Action Agency
P.O. Box 671
San Angelo, TX 76902
Phone number is (325) 653-2411
Counties are Coke, Sterling, Concho, Crockett, Irion, Reagan, Kimble, Menard, Sutton, Schleicher, and Tom Green
Economic Action Committee of Matagorda and the Gulf Coast
Address is P.O. Box 1685
Bay City, Texas 77404-1685
Primary telephone : (979) 245-6901
EOAC of Planning Region XI
Location is 500 Franklin Avenue
Waco, Texas 76701-2111
Main telephone – (254) 753-0331
Case management services and other aid is offered in Falls, McLennan, Bosque, Freestone, Limestone, and Hill. The community action agency processes applications for the Texas Comprehensive Energy Assistance Program (CEAP), has subsidies for child care, and other aid.
El Paso Community Action Program, Project BRAVO
Main address is 2000 Texas Avenue
El Paso, TX 79901
Telephone number is (915) 562-4100
Among other services, it is a HUD certified housing counseling agency. Find information on emergency rental assistance and security deposits, including loan programs. Prescription medications, weatherization, and education programs are also offered by the community action agency.
Locations of Project BRAVO community action in El Paso
The community services from Project BRAVO can be located at the sites below. Staff at the centers can also offer referrals to all of the social services and emergency financial assistance offered by other agencies or charities in the County of El Paso.
Eastside Neighborhood Center, 11206 Montwood, telephone (915)-565-1377
Northeast Neighborhood Center, 9420 Mccombs Street, dial (915)-757-0199
Southside Satellite Office – 4838 Montana Ave El Paso Texas 79903. Main number is (915)-307-4951
2000 Texas Avenue, El Paso, TX 79901, telephone: (915) 562-4100
Upper Valley Center office is at 7000 5th Street, Room 136. Call (915) 877-7625
Ysleta Neighborhood Center, 400 S. Zaragoza. Call (915) 629-7676 for intake.
Galveston County Community Action Council, Inc.
Address is P.O. Box 3206
Galveston, TX 77552
Counties are Brazoria, Wharton, Fort Bend, and Galveston.
The main location is at 2627 Avenue M, Galveston, Texas 77550, 409-765-7878. However other outreach centers are available.
Greater East Texas Community Action Program
P.O. Drawer 631938
Nacogdoches, TX 75963-1938
Telephone number is (936) 564-2491
Regions supported are Houston, Angelina, Cherokee, Gregg, Wood, Nacogdoches, Polk, San Jacinto, Rusk, Trinity, and Smith. Call for information on assistance programs, energy conservation, Head Start, and other support.
Locations of community action centers in eastern Texas
Angelina County, 1408 N. Raguet Street, Lufkin, Texas 75901, dial 936-639-4787
Rusk County, 621 East Main Street, Henderson, Texas 75653, main phone number is 903-657-9472
Cherokee County, 595 South Ragsdale Street, Jacksonville, Texas 75766, dial 903-589-5060
San Jacinto County, 111 Highway 150 East, San Jacinto County Courthouse Annex, Coldspring, Texas 77331, telephone number is 936-653-2342
Gregg County, 411 North Fredonia Street, Longview, Texas 75601, 903-758-5674
Smith County, 1630 South Vine, Tyler, Texas 75701, call 903-592-3828 for intake.
Houson County, 1501C East Loop 304, Crockett, Texas 75835, call 936-544-1480
Trinity County office is at 111 North Magee, Groveton, Texas 75845, 936-642-1462
Nacogdoches County, 114 West Hospital Street, Nacogdoches, Texas 75961, phone 936-564-2491
Wood County, 211 West Bermuda, Wood County Courthouse Annex, Quitman, Texas 75783
Polk County, 1112 Dogwood Street, Livingston, Texas 77351. For information dial 936-327-3011
Gulf Coast Community Services Association of Harris County
Address is 9320 Kirby Drive
Houston, Texas 77054
Telephone number – (713) 393-4789
Hidalgo County Community Services Agency
P.O. Box 204
Edinburg, TX 78541
Dial (956) 383-6250 for information on grant and other emergency assistance.
Hill Country Community Action Association, Inc.
P.O. Box 846
San Saba, TX 76877
Main number to call for information is (325) 372-5167
This non-profit is for Bell, Coryell, Hamilton, Lampasas, Llano, Mason, Milam, Mills, and San Saba County. A number of low income programs and services are available, including employment programs.
The main Hill Country Community Action Association, Inc. (HCCAA) offices are below.
Belton Center 842 S. Mitchell, Belton, TX 76513, telephone 254/939-1170
- San Saba Center 705 E. Storey, San Saba, Texas 76877, 325/372-5833
- Killeen Center 916 Rev. R.A. Abercrombie Dr. Killeen, TX 76543, 254/699-8888
- Lampasas Center 901 S. Liveoak, Lampasas, TX 76550 call 512/556-2550
- Temple Senior Services 15 N 2nd St. Temple, TX. 76501, 254/778-4221
- Llano Center 1110 Berry St., Llano, Texas 78643, 325/247-4662
- Gatesville Center 208 N. Lutterloh, Gatesville, TX 76528, dial 254/865-8234
- Mason Center 505 Moody, Box 992, Mason, Texas, 325/347-6242
- Copperas Cove Center 1012 North Drive Suite 4 Copperas Cove, TX 76522
- Hamilton Center, 101 East Henry, Box 305, Hamilton, Texas 76531, call 254/386-3676
- Hico Center, 411 N. Mesquite, Box 305, Hico, TX 76457
- Lampasas Center, 901 S. Liveoak, Lampasas, TX 76550, call 512/556-2550
- Llano Center, 1110 Berry St., Llano, Texas 78643, call 325/247-4662
- Mason Center, 505 Moody, Box 992, Mason, TX 76856, main phone 325/347-6242
- Rockdale Center 765 Green St., Box 998 Rockdale, TX 76567 512/446-2666
- Hamilton Center 101 East Henry, Box 305 Hamilton, Texas 76531 Phone 254/386-3676
- Hico Center 411 N. Mesquite, Box 305 Hico, TX 76457
- 101 East Henry, Box 305 Hamilton, TX 76531 Phone / Fax : 254/386-3676
- Goldthwaite Center 2110 Priddy Rd., P. O. Box 812 Goldthwaite, Texas 76844, 325/648-3122
San Saba County
- San Saba Center, 705 E. Storey, San Saba, TX 76877, call 325/372-5833
Northeast Texas Opportunities
Counties supported include Red River, Franklin, Hopkins, Lamar, Raines, Delta, and Titus.
Mount Vernon, Texas 75457
The non-profit focuses on provide energy bill assistance, food, and conservation. However staff from the site provide other support services as well.
The food assistance programs are partially funded by The Texas Department of Aging and Disabilities Services, Ark-Tex Council of Governments — Area Agency of Aging out of Texarkana, and also contributions from The Texas Department of Agriculture. The United Way, churches, local and private contributions, endowments, etc. also contribute to the program. The addresses of the centers are.
- Delta County, Cooper Meal-A-Day, 440 SW 3rd St. (Old Elementary Cafeteria), Cooper, TX 75432, call (903) 395-2465
- Franklin County, Mt. Vernon Senior Center, 208 Taylor St., Mt. Vernon, Texas 75457, dial (903) 537-2256. This center serves meals to residents in Franklin, Red River, Hopkins and Rains Counties.
- Titus and Morris County, Mt. Pleasant Senior Center, 1406 N. Edwards, Mt. Pleasant, TX 75455, call (903) 572-9561
- Morris County, Golden Blessings Senior Center, 114 Webb, Daingerfield, Texas 75638, call (903) 645-2438
Locations of Northeast Texas Opportunities Offices are as follows.
- Central Office-Franklin County, 208 Taylor St., Mt. Vernon, TX 75457, Monday-Friday 8:00 to 4:30
- Mt. Pleasant NETO-Titus, 1406 N. Edwards St., Mt. Pleasant, Texas 75455, call (903) 572-3272
- Hopkins County, 1286 Texas St., Sulphur Springs, Texas 75482, dial (903) 885-4562
- Rains County, 803 Lennon Ave. Emory, Texas 473-2703, call (903) 473-2702
- Paris NETO-Lamar, 1055 Clarksville St. Ste. 190, Paris, TX. 75460, call (903) 737-8467
- Delta County, 250 East Cooper, Cooper, TX 75432
- Red River County, 308 N. Cedar St., Clarksville, Texas 75426, main phone (903) 427-1244
Nueces County Community Action Agency
101 South Padre Island Drive
Corpus Christi, TX 78405-3504
Community Services include funds for rent and basic needs. Other resources are applications for CEAP utility assistance and referrals. They also have intake for government aid.
Panhandle Community Services
Mailing address to use is P. O. Box 32150
Amarillo, TX 79120-2150
This non-profit community action agency covers a large portion of western Texas. If you live in the following counties, call this location for referrals and/or assistance. Armstrong, Oldham, Briscoe, Carson, Castro, Wheeler, Childress, Swisher, Collingsworth, Ochiltree, Dallam, Hartley, Deaf Smith, Donley, Gray, Hall, Hansford, Hemphill, Hutchinson, Lipscomb, Moore, ,Parmer, Potter, Randall, Roberts, or Sherman. Programs offered include rent help from section 8, free food for children, and case management services for low income families.
Panhandle Community Services office locations are below. Call a location in your county or that is closest to you.
1309 W 8th Ave, Amarillo, Texas 79101, call 806.372.2531 for details on food, housing, and other support.
922 North Main Street, Borger, TX 79007, main phone 806.273.5177
1310 4th Avenue, Canyon, TX 79015, dial 806.655.0443
705 19th NW, Childress, TX 79201, telephone 940.937.6335
416 S. Kearney, Clarendon, TX 79226, main phone 806.874.2573
5th & Denver, Dalhart, TX 79022, phone 806.249.5240
110 SW 2nd, Dimmitt, Texas 79027. Call 806.647.3244 for information on services.
214 E. 5th, Dumas, TX 79029, main phone 806.935.5551
1011 E. Park, Hereford, TX 79045, call 806.364.5631
411 North Cuyler Street, Pampa, Texas 79065, 806.665.0081
105 S. Main, Perryton, TX 79070, dial 806.435.2478 for intake
126 N. Maxwell, Tulia, TX 79088, main phone 806.995.4116
1001 Amarillo Street, Wellington, TX 79095. They administer section 8 and other programs. Dial 806.447.5303
1309 SW 8th Ste.119, Amarillo, TX 79101, main phone is 806.373.8389
111 W. 2nd St., Shamrock, Texas 79079, call 806.256.5100
Pecos County Community Action Agency, including the counties of Crane and Terrell
Main location is P.O. Box 940
Fort Stockton, TX 79735
Telephone number is (432) 336-7528
Rolling Plains Management Corporation
Crowell, Texas 79227
Call (940) 684-1571
Baylor, Cottle, Foard, Hardeman, Wilbarger, Clay, Archer, Jack, Montague, Wichita, and Young County.
The main offices of the community action agency are at.
Baylor, Cottle, Foard, Hardeman, Wilbarger County, 118 North First, Crowell, Texas 79227, dial 1-800-633-0852
Archer, Clay, Jack, Montague, Wichita, Young – 227 North Beverly Drive, Wichita Falls 76306. Call the center at 1-877-804-7372
Taylor, Shackleford, Stephens County region is 807 North Judge Ely, Abilene, Texas 79601, dial 1-877-450-7616
South Plains Community Action Association, Inc.
411 Austin Street
Levelland, TX 79336
Main telephone: (806) 894-6104
Case managers can help people in Yoakum, Bailey, Cochran, Hockley, Lamb, Lynn, Terry, and Garza.
South Texas Development Council
Mailing address is P.O. Box 2187
Laredo, Texas 78044-2187
Counties and towns in Jim Hogg, Starr, and Zapata. Learn about free meals, health care services, employment opportunities and other local services.
Southeast Texas Regional Planning Commission
2210 Eastex Freeway
Beaumont, TX 77703
Primary number – (409) 899-8444
County – Hardin, Orange and Jefferson.
Texas Neighborhood Services
P.O. Box 1045
Weatherford, Texas 76086
If you need assistance with finding a job, credit counseling, or financial aid, and live in Erath, Hood, Johnson, Parker, Somewell, Wise or Palo Pinto, call this location.
Texoma Council of Governments
Main center is at 1117 Gallagher Dr., Ste. 100
Sherman, TX 75090
Counties – Cooke, Fannin, Grayson
Tri-County Community Action
Location/main address – P.O. Box 1748
Center, Texas 75935
Tele – (936) 598-6315
The agency serves those in Newton, Jasper, Upshur, Sabine, San Augustine, Shelby, Tyler, Harrison, and Panola. Call them for home delivered meals, CEAP applications, and other social services.
Urban League of Greater Dallas and North Central Texas, Inc.
4315 S. Lancaster Road
Dallas, TX 75216
Foreclosure prevention, help for seniors, case management, homeless prevention and other support is offered. They work closely with regional non-profits.
The locations of the Community Service Centers are as follows. Call (469) 913-8202 for details on these programs as well as applications.
- Veterans Service Center, 3911 Lancaster Rd., Dallas, TX 75216
- Garland Community Service Center, 210 Carver Street, Suite 102B, Garland, TX 75040, dial (214) 413-1720
- Pleasant Grove Community Service Center, 3312 N. Buckner Blvd., Suite 234, Dallas, TX 75228, phone (214) 413-1760
- Administrative Office, 4315 S. Lancaster Rd., Dallas, Texas 75216, (214) 915-4600
- Irving Community Service Center, 1425 W. Pioneer Drive, Suite 230, Irving, TX 75061, (214) 413-1740
West Texas Opportunities, Inc.
Mailing location is P.O. Box 1308
Lamesa, TX 79331
Telephone number – (806) 872-8354
Towns, cities, and counties served are Andrews, Borden, Dawson, Ector, Gaines, Glasscock, Howard, Midland, Martin, Upton, Fisher, Nolan, and Scurry. Call the non-profit West Texas Opportunities for information on housing, government food assistance, Head Start for children, and referrals.
Locations of West Texas Opportunities intake sites
- Lamesa Neighborhood Center is at 603 North 4th, Lamesa, TX 79331. Call (806) 872-8354.
- Midland Neighborhood office address is 1101 Garden Lane, Midland, Texas 79701. Main phone (432) 218-7589.
- Andrews Neighborhood Center – Address is 110 Northeast Avenue M, Andrews, Texas 79714. Phone (432) 249-7650.
- Ector Neighborhood Center is at 700 N. Grant, Odessa, TX 79761. Dial (432) 333-9027.
- Scurry West Texas Opportunities Center, 2603 Avenue M, Snyder, TX 79549, dial (325) 573-2506.
- Gaines Neighborhood Center – 311 Southeast Avenue C, Seminole, Texas 79360. Telephone – (432) 758-6366.
- Howard Neighborhood Center, 2001 Scurry Street, Big Spring, TX 79720. Phone : (432) 267-9536.
- Nolan WTO Center, 1101 Bell Street, Sweetwater, TX 79556, telephone (325) 236-9201.
- Upton Neighborhood location – 1000 West 11th, McCamey, Texas 79752, main phone (432) 652-8554.
Webb County Community Action Agency
1110 Washington Street, Suite 203
Laredo, Texas 78042
Main telephone is (956) 523-4182
Williamson-Burnet County Opportunities
Main address – 604 High Tech Drive
Georgetown, Texas 78626
Telephone number for information is (512) 763-1400
If you find any of the information provided above is not accurate or if you like to add a new location to the listing above please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: The community resource directory information is deemed accurate and up-to-date, however, you should always call the provider to confirm this information and make an appointment. Be sure to confirm payment information with the provider, if payment is required. God-Bless-You
1125 total views, 1 today
Meals for Kids Program
Summer Meals : There are hundreds of meal sites around USA with free meals for kids and teens ages 1-18. Summer meal programs may serve a combination of lunch, breakfast, supper and morning or afternoon snacks. Some programs also offer learning activities for kids before or after meals. Use the link below to find a site near you. Summer Meals Map