Welcome, visitor! [ Login

Post an Ad


Assistance from Community Action Agencies – Oregon

  • Listed: November 18, 2018 3:38 am
  • Expires: 97955 days, 6 hours


Our iOS apps : US Benefits Directory , Food Banks Directory , GSA Auctions , Low Cost Apartments Directory,

Community Action Agencies are nonprofit and public groups funded by the Community Services Block Grant (CSBG), a federal program that allocates funding to states to connect Americans to greater opportunity.

The nation’s Community Action Agencies embody our nation’s spirit of hope, change people’s lives, and improve communities. When national, state and local leaders tap into these agencies’ experience, they can promote workable solutions that connect more families to opportunity – and make America a better place to live for everyone.

Community Action Agencies try to ensure that the assistance goes to the least fortunate. The agency helps  with free financial help for paying bills, applications to public benefits, and other expenses. They also offer financial support to senior citizens, disabled, unemployed, and households living in poverty.

If you are stressed and dealing with a short term financial hardship, be sure to stop by or call your local community action agency for assistance. Community action agencies may help with the following, please check for available with the agency directly.

  • Help for preventing homelessness.
  • Pre-School Scholarship Program
  • Foreclosure Prevention Programs
  • Home repair programs, including low interest loans.
  • Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
  • Job training and placement.
  • Mortgage, housing, and credit counseling services
  • Childcare for poor working parents
  • Head Start programs for children.
  • Emergency Food and Shelter Program
  • Free food and meals
  • Job Development, Training and Computer Literacy Services
  • Home Energy Assistance Program.
  • Weatherization Assistance Program
  • Home Ownership Planning Education
  • Prescription Drug Assistance Vouchers
  • Rental Assistance program
  • Transportation & Aging centers for seniors

ACCESS, Inc. of Jackson County
Address is 3630 Aviation Way
Medford, Oregon 97501
Telephone: (541) 779-6691
The community action agency is HUD certified, so they focus on housing and homeless prevention among other services. However, they also have information on food pantries in Oregon, grants for paying heating bills from LIHEAP, and other financial aid.

Clackamas County Social Services
Mailing address is PO Box 2950
Oregon City, OR 97045
Call – (503) 655-8641

Community Action Organization
Main address – 1001 SW Baseline Street
Hillsboro, OR 97123
Telephone: (503) 648-6646
This non-profit supports Washington County Oregon. Low income families can apply for grants for paying utility bills from LIHEAP. Other programs can provide free food, Head Start, and ongoing case management.

Community Action Program of East Central Oregon (CAPECO)
Location is 721 SE 3rd St.
Pendleton, OR 97801
Call (541) 278-5671 for intake
Counties covered are Gilliam, Umatilla, Wheeler, Umatilla Tribe, and Morrow. The non-profit offers shelter and lodging, loans and financial support from partners such as Helping Hand, and of course job placement programs.

Low income apartments and housing is run by CAPECO. A minimal rent amount will be due from clients, and some focus on certain individuals such as veterans or the disabled.

  • Applewood Village, 549 NW 12th Avenue in Hermiston, Oregon, 541-567-1400
  • Irrigon Farm Labor Housing can be reached at 541-567-1400
  • Morrow Estates is at 220 Anderson Circle in Boardman, Oregon. Telephone number is 541-481-2855
  • Terwilliger Plaza. Address is 245 SW 5th St. in Pendleton, Oregon. Phone 541-276-1416.

Hunger prevention and food boxe

s are passed out in an emergency, and this is done in partnership with the Oregon Food Bank as well as the USDA. There are several locations for these throughout the service area and counties such as Morrow, Wheeler, and others.

Gilliam County sites include Arlington Food Pantry on 125 Shane Drive as well as the Condon Food Pantry, which is at 103 S. Lincoln St..

Umatilla County has multiple sites, as noted below.

Agape House, 500 W. Harper Rd., Hermiston, Oregon 97838
Helping Hand, 346 SE 2nd St., Pendleton, OR 97801
The Bread Basket, 8 NE 7th, Milton-Freewater, Oregon 97862
The Food Basket is at 405 N. Sherman, Stanfield, OR 97875
Pilot Rock Food Pantry, 171 W Main, Pilot Rock, OR 97868
St. Mary’s Outreach, 440 SW Emigrant Ave, Pendleton, OR 97801
Salvation Army Congregate Meals soup kitchen, 150 SE Emigrant, Pendleton, OR 97801
Presbyterian Church in Ukiah, PO Box 75, Ukiah
The Valley Cupboard has a food pantry. It is at 800 N. Main St., Milton-Freewater, OR 97862
Weston Food Pantry, 114 E. Main St., Weston, OR 97886
First Christian Church has an Open Table Meal Site, 775 W. Highland Ave., Hermiston, OR 97838

Morrow County locations are as follows.

Neighborhood Center of South Morrow County is at 441 N. Main, Heppner, Oregon 97836
Irrigon-Boardman Emergency Assistance Center – Address is 290 N. Main, Irrigon, OR 97844
Columbia River Harvesters (Gleaning Group) – 206 N. Main St., Boardman, OR 97818

Wheeler County residents can stop by the pantry at Fossil Community, 702 3rd St., Fossil, Oregon 97830

Seniors can get food from Community Action Agency of East Central Oregon. One key service, CSFP, is for working poor and low income families, and it may pass out groceries or free food boxes. They main contain meat, peanut butter, milk, rice, cereal, fruits, soup, vegetables, etc. The client will need to pick up the box at a site, and dial 1-800-752-1139 to apply.

There are also several free sites for seniors to get a meal at in the region. Locations in Umatilla County and other regions provide a meal and more. Other services may include health screenings, social activities, and programs for the elderly.

510 SW 10th St., Pendleton, OR 97801, call 541-276-5303
Ukiah Senior Center – 100 W. Despain, Ukiah, OR 97880, phone 541-427-3012
Milton-Freewater Neighborhood Senior Center is at 311 N. Main St., Milton-Freewater, OR 97862. Telephone – 541-938-3311.
Stokes Landing Senior Center meal site address is E. Main St., Irrigon, OR 97844. Telephone – 541-922-3603

CAPECO has several centers in the region. The Main Office is at 721 SE 3rd, Pendleton, OR 97801. Call 541-276-1926. Other locations are:

  • Airport Location – 1605 NW 50th Street, Pendleton, OR 97801. Telephone – 541-276-5073
  • CAPECO nonprofit Hermiston Emergency Services office – 500 W. Harper Road, Hermiston, OR 97838. Dial 541-289-7755

Community Action Team, Inc.
Main address – 125 N. 17th Street
St. Helens, OR 97051
Telephone: (503) 397-3511
Counties include Clatop, Columbia, and Tillamook.

Community Action Team has a few main offices in Oregon. The centers are as follows.

  • Columbia County – 125 North 17th Street, St. Helens, Oregon  97051, dial (503) 397-4951
  • Clatsop County – 364 9th St, Astoria, OR 97103, telephone (503) 325-1400
  • Tillamook County, 2310 First Street, Tillamook, Oregon 97141, dial (503) 842-5261

Community Connection of Northeast Oregon, Inc.
Main address – 104 Elm Street
La Grande, Oregon 97850
Dial (541) 963-3186
Support is for people in Baker, Grant, Union, and Wallowa Oregon.

Community in Action
Main address – 49 NW 1st Street, Suite 6
Ontario, OR 97914
Phone – (541) 889-1060
If you live in Harney or Malheur County, call this non-profit.

Community Services Consortium
250 Broadalbin Street, SW
Albany, OR 97321
(541) 928-6335
Services are offered for seniors, children, and low income families in Benton, Lincoln and Linn Oregon. Look into government grants, free food, and emergency housing assistance, including rent and mortgage.

Human Services Commission of Lane County
Steven Manela
Human Services Manager
125 E. 8th Avenue
Eugene, OR 97401
Telephone: (541) 682-3797
This non-profit serves as both the community action agency and offers other services in the county. A combination of government grants for paying certain expenses is combined with case management, referrals, job placement, and more.

Klamath and Lake Community Action Agency
Center address – 1803 Main Street
Klamath Falls, OR 97601
Primary telephone – (541) 882-3500

Mid-Columbia Community Action Council, Inc.
312 East 4th Street
The Dalles, OR 97058
Telephone: (541) 298-5131
Supports residents in Hood River, Sherman, and Wasco.
The non-profit can help low income families overcome barriers to employment, administers Head Start, and limited financial aid for heating and other bills from LIHEAP.

The Mid-Columbia Community Action Council locations in the region are below. Call for intake and applications.

Main office – 312 E. 4th St., The Dalles, OR 97058, Phone: (541) 298-5131
Hood River Office, 1102 12th St., Hood River, Oregon 97031, telephone number is (541) 386-4027

Mid-Willamette Valley Community Action Agency
2475 Center Street, NE
Salem, Oregon 97301
Telephone: (503) 585-6232
One of the larger non-profit agencies in Marion and Polk County. Thousands of low income and working poor families receive help every year. A focus is on self-sufficiency and career counseling. However apply for government grants for paying rent, heating bills, and Oregon health care programs.

Multnomah County Department of Human Services, Community Services Division
421 SW Oak Street, Suite 200
Portland, Oregon 97204-1623
Telephone: (503) 988-6295
Assistance is for families in the greater Portland area. This government agency not only help families apply for Oregon benefits such as food stamps, disability or section 8, but other low income programs are available too.

Neighbor Impact
Location – 2303 SW First Street
Redmond, OR 97756
Call (503) 548-2380 for intake
Covers regions and counties of Crook, Deschutes, and Jefferson.

Oregon Coast Community Action
Main location is 2110 Newmark Avenue
Coos Bay, OR 97420
(541) 888-7094
Counties – Coos, Curry, Coquille Tribes, Western Douglas. To find more information on their services,

Locations of Oregon Coast Community Action

  • Myrtle Point Office, Address is 1320 Maryland Ave, Myrtle Point, OR 97458. Call  (541) 572-5029
  • Curry County Office, 97829 Shopping Ctr Ave, Ste F, Harbor, OR 97415,  (541) 469-3155
  • Coos County Center is at P.O. Box 899, Coos Bay, OR 97420

South Coast Head Start

The local Head Start program has several different locations and classrooms.
Bandon Head Start, Address: 590 SE Filmore, Bandon, Oregon 97411, Phone: (541) 347-3523
Brookings Head Start, Address: 420 Alder St., Brookings, OR 97415, (541) 469-6137
Charleston Head Start, 63297 Sunrise St., Charleston, Oregon 97420, telephone number is (541) 888-2222
Coos Bay Head Start, Address: 1855 Thomas St., Coos Bay, OR 97420, (541) 888-3717
North Bend Head Start is based at Address: 2710 Oak St., North Bend, OR 97459. Call (541) 756-1821.
Port Orford Head Start, 2040 Washington, Port Orford, OR 97465, main phone (541) 332-1243
1.Coquille Valley Head Start center – 970 N. Central Blvd., Coquille, Oregon 97423 (Faith Lutheran Church), Main Phone: (541) 559-0183
Full Day Head Start, 1855 Thomas St., Coos Bay, OR 97420, (541) 888-3717
Gold Beach Head Start, Address: 29401 Ellensburg Ave., Gold Beach, OR 97444. Telephone – (541) 247-2700

Oregon Human Development Corporation
Address: 9600 S.W. Oak St., Ste. 565
Tigard, OR 97223
Telephone – (503) 245-2600

United Community Action Network (UCAN)
Location – 280 Kenneth Ford Drive
Roseburg, OR 97470
Call (541) 492-3501 for intake
Counties – Douglas and Josephine
Case management is available from this community action agency along with referrals. The organization may have grants for paying housing expenses (such as back rent or a security deposits), applications for weatherization, and other services.

United Community Action Network (UCAN) has a few centers, food banks, and offices. They are below.

  • Family Service Center is based at 280 Kenneth Ford Drive, Oregon OR 97470. Phone: (541)672-3421
  • Josephine County Service Center – 201 NE 8th Street, Grants Pass, OR 97526. Telephone number is (541)956-4050
  • A free Food Bank is at 284 Kenneth Ford Drive, Roseburg, Oregon 97470. Call (541)672-3421 for hours.
    Or stop by another food pantry at 1470 SE M Street, Suite 1C, Grants Pass, OR 97526. Main phone: (541)479-5556

Yamhill Community Action Partnership
13 17 NE Dustin Ct.
McMinnville, Oregon 97128-0621
Telephone: (503) 472-0457
Fax: (503) 472-5555
Also help the Grand Ronde Tribe region. This community action agencies runs a multitude of employment programs, social services, and has government grants for paying bills.

Apps for helping low income US residents

Food Bank / Food Pantry locations

Affordable subsidized Apartments for Rent

Government Benefits Listings

Ad:Presenting Paid Survey Platform in partnership with Precision Sample.Check your eligibility below or visit http://beracah.info/survey

If you find any of the information provided above is not accurate or if you like to add a new location to the listing above please email beracahsites@gmail.com

Disclaimer: The community resource directory information is deemed accurate and up-to-date, however, you should always call the provider to confirm this information and make an appointment. Be sure to confirm payment information with the provider, if payment is required. God-Bless-You
Our privacy policy

No Tags

2296 total views, 1 today


Listing ID: 6725bf0db0ea5b1d

Report problem

Processing your request, Please wait....

Sponsored Links

Meals for Kids Program

Summer Meals : There are hundreds of meal sites around USA with free meals for kids and teens ages 1-18. Summer meal programs may serve a combination of lunch, breakfast, supper and morning or afternoon snacks. Some programs also offer learning activities for kids before or after meals. Use the link  below to find a site near you. Summer Meals Map