- Listed: November 19, 2018 1:44 am
- Expires: 99638 days, 4 hours
Community Action Agencies are nonprofit and public groups funded by the Community Services Block Grant (CSBG), a federal program that allocates funding to states to connect Americans to greater opportunity.
The nation’s Community Action Agencies embody our nation’s spirit of hope, change people’s lives, and improve communities. When national, state and local leaders tap into these agencies’ experience, they can promote workable solutions that connect more families to opportunity – and make America a better place to live for everyone.
Community Action Agencies try to ensure that the assistance goes to the least fortunate. The agency helps with free financial help for paying bills, applications to public benefits, and other expenses. They also offer financial support to senior citizens, disabled, unemployed, and households living in poverty.
If you are stressed and dealing with a short term financial hardship, be sure to stop by or call your local community action agency for assistance. Community action agencies may help with the following, please check for available with the agency directly.
- Help for preventing homelessness.
- Pre-School Scholarship Program
- Foreclosure Prevention Programs
- Home repair programs, including low interest loans.
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Job training and placement.
- Mortgage, housing, and credit counseling services
- Childcare for poor working parents
- Head Start programs for children.
- Emergency Food and Shelter Program
- Free food and meals
- Job Development, Training and Computer Literacy Services
- Home Energy Assistance Program.
- Weatherization Assistance Program
- Home Ownership Planning Education
- Prescription Drug Assistance Vouchers
- Rental Assistance program
- Transportation & Aging centers for seniors
Blackstone Valley Community Action Program, Inc. of Providence County
Address is 32 Goff Avenue
Pawtucket, Rhode Island 02860
Telephone: (401) 723-4520
Comprehensive Community Action Program
Address is 311 Doric Avenue
Cranston, RI 02910-2903
Also covers Providence as well as Kent and Washington.
East Bay Community Action Program
Main address is 19 Broadway
Newport, RI 02840
Telephone number – (401) 847-7821
Family Resources Community Action
Location – 245 Main Street
Woonsocket, Rhode Island 02895
Main telephone – (401) 766-0900
Others low income programs for Woonsocket. Apply for heating bill assistance and weatherization services. The agency can also direct people to food assistance and other aid.
Providence Community Action Program
518 Hartford Avenue.
Providence, RI 02909
Job training, employment programs, and education services are all offered from this non-profit center.
South County Community Action
1935 Kingstown Rd
Wakefield, RI 02879
Telephone: (401) 789-3016
Is for Washington and Kent Rhode Island.
Tri-Town Community Action Program
1126 Hartford Avenue #201
Johnston, RI 02919-7130
Telephone: (401) 351-2750
Call to learn about services offered for working poor and low income individuals. Extensive case management is provided, as well as some emergency aid, such as homeless prevention.
Westbay Community Action, Inc.
224 Buttonwoods Avenue
Warwick, Rhode Island 02886-7558
Telephone number: (401) 732-4666
Also covers counties of Washington and Kent
383 total views, 1 today