- Listed: August 25, 2018 8:22 pm
- Expires: 98069 days, 8 hours
Our iOS apps : US Benefits Directory , Food Banks Directory , GSA Auctions , Low Cost Apartments Directory,
Community Action Agencies provides technical assistance, training, and other resources to Community Action Agencies, nonprofit and public groups funded by the Community Services Block Grant (CSBG), a federal program that allocates funding to states to connect Americans to greater opportunity.
The nation’s Community Action Agencies embody our nation’s spirit of hope, change people’s lives, and improve communities. When national, state and local leaders tap into these agencies’ experience, they can promote workable solutions that connect more families to opportunity – and make America a better place to live for everyone.
Arkansas River Valley Area Council, Inc. (ARVAC)
Dardanelle, Arkansas 72834
Telephone number is (479) 229-4861
Counties supported include Franklin, Johnson, Conway, Logan, Perry, Pope, Polk, Scott, and Yell. Seniors can receive meals and transportation. Other services, such as education and employment, are offered for low income residents. They also offer rental assistance grants and security deposit assistance from programs such as the Emergency Food and Shelter.
Black River Area Development Corporation
Main office is at 1403 Hospital Drive
Pocahontas, AR 72455
If you live in Clay, Lawrence, or Randolph call this agency.
Central Arkansas Development Council, Inc.
P.O. Box 580
Benton, AR 72018
Call (501) 315-1121
Families in the regions of Calhoun, Clark, Columbia, Dallas, Hot Spring, Lonoke, Montgomery, Ouachita, Pike, Pulaski, Saline, or Union are covered by this agency. Staff can help people apply for food stamps and other government assistance, including summer meals for children. Additional programs may be one time, emergency rent help or utility or security deposit assistance for the homeless, including loans. Free food and more is offered too.
Central Arkansas Development Council office locations
- Arkadelphia Office, 1305 N. 10th. St., 71923 Arkadelphia, AR, Phone: 870-403-0679
- CADC Main Office is at 321 Edison Avenue, 72018 Benton, AR, telephone 501-315-1121
- Calhoun County Office, 210 South Lee P.O. Box 707, 71744 Hampton, AR, 870-798-2457
Community Action Program for Central Arkansas, Inc.
707 Robins Street
Conway, AR 72034
White, Faulkner, Cleburne County. Many services are available for the working poor.
Community Services Offices, Inc. of Garland County
P.O. Box 1175
Hot Springs, Arkansas 71902
Call (501) 624-5724 for information and intake. Numerous referrals and benefits are provided from this Arkansas based agency.
Crawford-Sebastian Community Development Council, Inc.
Fort Smith, AR 72914-4069
Main number is (479) 785-2303
The non-profit agency offers help in Sebastian, Crawford, Polk, Franklin, Logan and Scott Counties.
Crowley’s Ridge Development Council, Inc.
2401 Fox Meadow Lane
Jonesboro, AR 72401
Dial (870) 802-7100
Craighead, Cross, Crittenden, Greene, Jackson, Poinsett, St. Francis, Woodruff.
Some of what may offered includes information on local employers that are hiring. Or apply for LIHEAP energy bill assistance at the center.
Crowley’s Ridge Development Council Inc. office locations include:
- Craighead County. Cooling bill assistance can be applied for at 2401 Fox Meadow Lane, Jonesboro, 935-8610.
- Poinsett County. Address is 200 Industrial St., Marked Tree, telephone number is 358-1200.
- Cross County families can apply at 1304 Falls Blvd., Wynne, phone number 238-1229.
- Jackson County. Office location is 2000 McClain St., Suite C, Newport, dial 523-5474.
- Greene County. 144 Linwood Drive, Paragould, Call 239-3531.
However, in addition to those programs, the community action agency offers other support too. Across northeastern Arkansas there are Crowley Ridge food pantries, low income housing units, and even transportation from NEAT. Or look into referrals.
Regional locations of CRDC, or the Crowley’s Ridge Development Council, are as follows.
- Address: 2401 Fox Meadow Lane, Jonesboro, AR 72401, Telephone: (870) 802-7100
- Craighead County call: 1-870-802-7100
- Crittenden County call: 1-870-400-4023
- Cross County call: 1-870-238-1229
- Greene County call: 1-870-239-3531
- Jackson County call: 1-870-523-5475
- Poinsett County call: 1-870-358-1200
- St. Francis County call: 1-870-630-0193
- Woodruff County call: 1-870-347-1458
Economic Opportunity Agency of Washington County, Inc.
614 East Emma, Ste. M401
Springdale, Arkansas 72764
Main phone number is (479) 872-7479
The main programs administered from the non-profit are heating bill help from LIHEAP, Head Start, and the IDA savings and matching grant program.
Mid-Delta Community Services, Inc.
610 South Biscoe Street
Helena, AR 72342
Main phone number is (870) 338-6406
Counties covered are Prairie, Lee, Monroe, and Phillips.
Mississippi County Arkansas Economic Opportunity Commission, Inc.
1400 N. Division Street
Blytheville, AR 72315
Main telephone number is (870) 776-1054
North Central Arkansas Development Council, Inc.
Mailing address is P.O. Box 3349
Batesville, Arkansas 72503
Call (870) 793-5765
This community action agency offers assistance in Fulton, Independence, Izard, Sharp, and Stone County.
Office of Human Concern, Inc.
P.O. Box 778
Rogers, Arkansas 72757
Call (479) 636-7301
Regions supported are Carroll, Madison, and Benton. A number of services are offered by this community action agency, ranging from no interest loans to referrals to emergency food pantries and housing resources.
Ozark Opportunities, Inc.
Mailing address is P.O. Box 1400
Harrison, AR 72602
Counties – Baxter, Boone, Marion, Newton, Searcy, Van Buren.
The office assists families facing poverty. There are referrals to federal programs such as food stamps and SSI disability. Other more emergency aid from the community action agency can include funds for paying energy bills or basic needs such as a bag of groceries.
Ozark Opportunities offices are at the following locations.
- Baxter County, 201 Combs Avenue, Cotter, Arkansas 72626, dial 870-435-7888
- Boone County office is at 406 Hwy 43 East, Harrison, AR 72601, telephone 870-741-2089
- Marion County – 354 Hwy 62 East/ P.O. Box 304, Yellville, AR 72687, call 870-449-6250 for intake.
- Newton County, 406 Hwy 43 East Harrison AR 72601, telephone 870-446-2222
- Searcy County – 110 Ruff Street in Marshall, call 870-448-2414
- Van Buren County center is at 100 Success Drive/ P.O. Box 473, Arkansas AR 72031. Dial 501-745-2437 for information.
Pine Bluff Jefferson County EOC, Inc.
817 South Cherry Street
Pine Bluff, AR 71611
Primary telephone – (870) 536-0046
Counties and regions supported by the non-profit include Arkansas, Cleveland, Grant, Jefferson, and Lincoln. Services include low income energy bill assistance from LIHEAP, free prescription medications, Head Start, and other financial aid.
Locations of PBJCEOC Pine Bluff Jefferson County EOC
Jefferson County, Pine Bluff Office, 817 South Cherry Street, 870-536-0046
Grant County Address of PBJCEOC Sheridan Office, 815 E. Center Street. Call 1-800-277-1313
Cleveland County site is at the Rison Office, 203 Main Street, main phone: 1-800-277-1313
Lincoln County PBJCEOC Star City Office is at 107 South Drew Street. Main phone 1-800-277-1313
Arkansas County – Stuttgart Office, 425 S. Main, Phone: 1-800-277-1313
Southeast Arkansas Community Action Corporation
P.O. Box 312
Warren, AR 71671
Call (870) 226-2668
Ashley, Bradley, Chicot, Desha, Drew county.
Southwest Arkansas Development Council, Inc.
3902 Sanderson Lane
Texarkana, Arkansas 71854
Telephone number is (870) 773-5504
Residents of Howard, Hempstead, Lafayette, Little River, Sevier, Miller, and Nevada County should call this community action agency. The agency provides help to seniors, applications to government benefits such as Medicaid or low income energy bill assistance, and free food. Various education, computer, and ESL classes are offered too.
Locations of SWADC Development Council
- 1007 Jefferson Ave., Texarkana, AR 71854, dial 870-216-1136
- 104 S. Main, Hope, AR 71801, dial 870-777-2380
- 206 E. Howard, Nashville, Arkansas 71852, main phone 870-845-3586
- 811 Missouri St., Dierks, AR 71823, 870-845-3586
- 205 Thomas, Stamps, AR 71860. For information on programs, dial 870-533-2345
- 1321 Gordon Dr., Ashdown, Arkansas 71822, call 870-898-2808
- 221 N. Bell, Foreman, Arkansas 71836, 870-898-2808
- 419 E. Main, Prescott, AR 71857, telephone number is 870-887-5171
- 605 E. Hayes, DeQueen, AR 71832, 870-584-3995
- 1106 McCoy Dr., Horatio, AR 71842, 870-832-4961
- 107 W. Hickory, Lockesburg, AR 71846, 870-289-5245
- 448 Wilson Creek Rd., Ben Lomond, Arkansas 71823. for food, rent help, and case management referrals dial 870-584-3995
- 465 Columbia, Camden, AR 71701, 870-836-6314
- Hwy. 57 #136, Chidester, AR 71726, 870-685-2969
- 608 Moro St., Fordyce, Arkansas 71742, dial 870-352-3214
If you find any of the information provided above is not accurate or if you like to add a new location to the listing above please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: The community resource directory information is deemed accurate and up-to-date, however, you should always call the provider to confirm this information and make an appointment. Be sure to confirm payment information with the provider, if payment is required. God-Bless-You
2037 total views, 1 today
Meals for Kids Program
Summer Meals : There are hundreds of meal sites around USA with free meals for kids and teens ages 1-18. Summer meal programs may serve a combination of lunch, breakfast, supper and morning or afternoon snacks. Some programs also offer learning activities for kids before or after meals. Use the link below to find a site near you. Summer Meals Map